Cannot upload to rfduino- arduino IDE 1.6.5

The board is there under boards, as are the examples. The sketch appears to compile, but no upload. It fails with the following error-

Sketch uses 17,472 bytes (13%) of program storage space. Maximum is 131,072 bytes.
Global variables use 1,752 bytes of dynamic memory.
/home/nonename/.arduino15/packages/RFduino/tools/RFDLoader/1.5/RFDLoader_linux: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/nonename/.arduino15/packages/RFduino/tools/RFDLoader/1.5/RFDLoader_linux)

I am running Debian 7.8 with 3.2.0-4-amd64 kernel and, yeah, it wont work and I have no clue. The sketch Im attempting to upload is an untouched Advertisementcontinuous from the example folder.

If any other info is need just ask, and thank you.

That may be a RFduino upload specific problem. Do you have any other Arduinos such as a Pro Mini or Uno, and can verify the IDE is otherwise working fully for that?

Yes sir, it is rfduino specific. I have tested the new IDE with a Mega 2560 and pro mini(5V) and I have several other types that I bet also work fine with the arduino ide. When I first got the rfduinos It was a pain to program. Something with the serial port address not being linux friendly, but I finally did get it to work. I even wrote a script that built the ide with the needed changes so I could install the ide on other computers. I cant find the script and dont have a single machine running that ide.. I suspect its the same overall problem here, janky linux support, but I dont know for sure.

So you had the solution to this before, and now lost track of it? That is a bummer. You may want to see what's going on over at the forum on rfduino.com and perhaps see if anybody has a solution. Not chasing you away, it's just what I would do in your situation.

Its not the same issue.

I had trouble with getting Arduino to work at all on Linux due to libc issues, and found I had to change distributions to resolve the easy way. I was on CentOS 5 and switched to CentOS 6.

I tried to follow the instruction "getting started w/Arduino on Mac OSX(mine is uno ) There are 9 steps to follow but when I got up to step 6,I notice that the penal is different than the instruction one It doesn't have the functional bar (e.g.:Skatch Tool Help),so I got stuck Help!

Did you say just run it from a virtual machine. That may work.

Thanks.

Has anyone been able to upload to an rfduino at all with the new ide?