Cannot Upload...

I just received my Arduino 101 - excitement!

However, I cannot upload a sketch to it, and I can't seem to find a good fix for the problem online.

I'm on Windows 7, IDE 1.8.0, Curie core version 1.0.7

Every time I try to upload I get this output:
Arduino: 1.8.0 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino 101"

Sketch uses 17628 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 155648 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM28
C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.9+1.28/arduino101load/arduino101load C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.9+1.28/x86/bin C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_175390/Blink.ino.bin COM28 verbose ATP1BLE000-1541C5635 141312
Starting download script...
Args to shell: [C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.9+1.28/x86/bin C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_175390/Blink.ino.bin COM28 verbose ATP1BLE000-1541C5635 141312]
Serial Port: COM28
BIN FILE C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_175390/Blink.ino.bin
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Flashing is taking longer than expected
Try pressing MASTER_RESET button
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
ERROR: Timed out waiting for Arduino 101 on COM28
ERROR: Timed out waiting for Arduino 101 on COM28

I've tried simply pressing MASTER_RESET button many times to no avail...
I've tried removing the Curie core (all the way to deleting the folder in AppData) and reinstalling...
I've tried rolling back to an older Curie core...
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the device driver software...
NOTHING IS WORKING! >:(

If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated! Perhaps the problem is simply the board and I should try exchanging it for another? But that would mean waiting even longer for my 101... :frowning:

UPDATE: I've discovered that the DFU Interface does not have driver software installed? I can press the MASTER_RESET button and "update driver software" from the device manager, it tells me that driver software was found, but does nothing about it. When I "troubleshoot" it tells me that no driver software was found, or that the device was disconnected. Does anyone know where the DFU driver software is and how I might go about getting it properly installed?

Hi,
to make sure Windows installs the driver correctly, the hacky procedure is to press the MASTER RESET once every 2-3 seconds button until the installation is complete. This way you ensure that the DFU interface doesn’t disappear in the middle of the driver installation, which is known to cause a lot of headaches on Windows.

I tried that a dozen and a half times to no avail, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with Windows 7. I finally gave in, partitioned my hard drive and dual-booted my copy of Windows 10. It works just fine over on that side!