Can't access Bluetooth serial with Python ESP32

Hello,

Using an ESP32, I want to send/stream sensor data per Bluetooth to my Macbook using a Python program to save the data to a database and to display it in realtime. A first test was to just establish a bluetooth connection, access the bluetooth serial port with python and print the numbers. However, running the program in the terminal, it gives this error message:

.../anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 325, in open
raise SerialException(msg.errno, "could not open port {}: {}".format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 16] could not open port /dev/tty.ESP32test-ESP32SPP: [Errno 16] Resource busy: '/dev/tty.ESP32test-ESP32SPP'

Here's my ESP32 code:

#include "BluetoothSerial.h"

#if !defined(CONFIG_BT_ENABLED) || !defined(CONFIG_BLUEDROID_ENABLED)
#error Bluetooth is not enabled! Please run `make menuconfig` to and enable it
#endif

BluetoothSerial SerialBT;

const int potPin = 34;

int potValue = 0;

void setup() {
  // Serial.begin(115200);
  SerialBT.begin("ESP32test"); //Bluetooth device name
  // Serial.println("The device started, now you can pair it with bluetooth!");
}

void loop() {

potValue = analogRead(potPin);
  SerialBT.println(potValue);
  //Serial.println(potValue);

delay(1000);
}

Here's the python code:

import serial

#ser = serial.Serial("/dev/cu.usbserial-0001",115200)
ser = serial.Serial('/dev/tty.ESP32test-ESP32SPP',115200)
#ser = serial.Serial('/dev/cu.ESP32test-ESP32SPP',115200)
ser.close()
ser.open()

while True:
	data = ser.readline()
	print(data.decode())

When accessing the USB serial with python, the code works as expected. Using the bluetooth port for the serial monitor of the Arduino IDE, data is also displayed as expected. However: when leaving Serial.begin(115200); in the setup, I must first access the usb serial port, before I can access the bluetooth port on the serial monitor. Otherwise the bluetooth serial says that the port is occupied.

Is this the right approach to access the bluetooth serial over Python? If yes, how can the error of the python code not being able to access the ESP bluetooth port, be corrected?