Can't change Com Port

I bought an Arduino pro and send a code that every 1 sec press Win+R (for test) and now i can't change my Serial port to send a blank code because its opening my windows run and i cant select the correct serial... any idea?

its possible to start arduino connected to a specific port?

Is it a ProMicro?

You have a few options:
1)
Load the bootloader via ICSP
2)
Disconnect the ProMicro.
Open blink or other innocent sketch.
Connect the ProMicro while keeping it in reset. You will need to wire it or use a button between reset pin and GND.
Upload the sketch; when the IDE reports the memory usage, release the reset button / remove the wire.

It's important to keep the ProMicro in reset so it does not press the key till you the IDE reports the memory usage.

And next add a safety measure so you can stop the spamming

const byte safetyPin = A0;

void setup()
{
  pinMode(safetyPin, INPUT_PULLUP);
}

void loop()
{
  if (digitalRead(safetyPin) == LOW)
  {
    // do HID stuff here
  }
}

Above uses A0 but you can use any pin for the safetyPin. The above will only send HID stuff if the pin is shorted to ground; you can change LOW to HIGH and it will only send HID stuff if the pin is not shorted to ground.

sterretje:
Is it a ProMicro?

You have a few options:
1)
Load the bootloader via ICSP
2)
Disconnect the ProMicro.
Open blink or other innocent sketch.
Connect the ProMicro while keeping it in reset. You will need to wire it or use a button between reset pin and GND.
Upload the sketch; when the IDE reports the memory usage, release the reset button / remove the wire.

It's important to keep the ProMicro in reset so it does not press the key till you the IDE reports the memory usage.

And next add a safety measure so you can stop the spamming

I should have done this, it would be less work ...
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.