Can't facilitate proper communication between Arduinos using nRF24l01 modules

I've between trying to get two Arduinos to communicate for a few weeks and nothing I do seems to work.

I need an Arduino Mega to act as a receiver and an Arduino Nano or Uno to act as a transmitter using two nRF24l01 modules.

My pin connections are:

Arduino Uno/Nano:

GND - GND
VCC - 3.3V
CE - 7 or 9
CSN - 8 or 10
SCK - 13
MOSI - 11
MISO - 12

Arduino Mega:

GND - GND
VCC - 3.3V
CE - 7 or 9
CSN - 8 or 10
SCK - 52
MOSI - 51
MISO - 50

Mind you I've used this example code as well as other, simpler bits of code. I've also tried the "GettingStarted" example code given in the RF24 library. Nothing seems to work at all either with the Nano or Uno. I've also tried using a 10uF capacitor to no avail. It doesn't matter if I use a breadboard or not. The only other solution I can think of is having an external power supply, though I think I remember trying that as well with no luck.

I'm honestly extremely desperate for any sort of suggestions. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

solarval:
Mind you I've used this example code

The programs in my Tutorial work so stick with them until you get your nRF24s working.

Have you a spare nRF24 for testing in case one of the others is faulty?

Post the actual programs that YOU have uploaded to your Arduinos AND make s simple pencil drawing showing how YOU have everything connected and post a photo of the drawing. Please DO NOT use Fritzing.

...R
Simple Image Posting Guide