Cant find a folder while troubleshooting for an error.

I am using Arduino IDE since long and at present I am using it to program ESP8266. The problem right now is that I cant find the installation folder.

https://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/20219/upload-with-esptool-fails-with-espcomm-send-command-cant-receive-slip-payload

I dont know on the above URL link how to go to/Open

~/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.0.0/platform.txt

Some operating systems like to hide that folder from you.

An easy and universal way to access it is to click the link at the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. That will open the Arduino15 (or similar name, depending on OS) folder, then you only need to navigate down to the folder that contains platform.txt. Note that the folder 2.0.0 mentioned in that SE answer is the version of the ESP8266 core for Arduino you have installed so it may be different if you have a different version installed.

I still dont get you @pert. I have unlock the hidden folders so everthing is non-hidden. What is File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file?

ujjwalrathod007:
What is File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file?

It’s a menu path in the Arduino IDE:

• Start the Arduino IDE
  • At the top of the Arduino IDE window you will see the word “File” (or the equivalent if you use a different language).
  • Move your mouse pointer until it is over the word “File” and then press and release the button on the right side of the mouse (that’s called a “click”).
  • Click the “Preferences” option from the “File” menu.
  • Now the “Preferences” window will open.
  • Look down at the bottom of the “Preferences” window. You will see something that says “More preferences can be edited directly in the file:”
  • On the next line you will see a link. Move the mouse pointer until it is over that link and click it.

Clipboard01.png

@pert Thank you.