Can't Find Port!

I just got a new Arduino Nano from Amazon: Amazon.com
and when I go into the Arduino IDE and select a port, it won't even let me click on the port button! All my other Arduinos' work, but not this new one. Please help!

@buavts, stop cross-posting. Last warning.

So what does your operating system (which one) think about the board? If the OS has problems recognising the board, the IDE will never see it?

I am on a Windows 10 PC. And it can recognize my other Nanos just not this one.

I have a similar problem. I use Windows 10. I have four nanos that I bought at the same time from the same place. One day, one of them no longer appeared in the port list. Further, that one did not appear in the windows device manager. I followed the video on how to flash the bootloader https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP with How to put Arduino Uno bootloader on an Arduino Nano Compatible Board - YouTube Alas, no joy here.

What if I loaded a sketch using the programmer? The wiring is all the same. I brought up Blink, then: Sketch-->Upload Using programmer. Joy here! This worked! But when I disconnected from the programmer and plugged the Nano into the USB port, no blink. Though, when I powered the Nano via Vin or 5V I get blink.

I loaded a more sophisticated sketch that moves a stepper motor one rotation in one direction and then one rotation the other. Same results, nothing when powered via USB, stepper motor moves when powered via 5V or Vin.

One more symptom, the power LED is not as bright when powered via USB

Pretty obvious to me that this is a hardware issue. Any idea which component has failed? Can it be fixed? I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.