can't get Adafruit Breakout GPS v3's time, date, and fix in the serial moniter

So i’m working on a science fair project for my school (Grade 7) and I followed the directions for the setup for the Adafruit GPS Breakout v3 and got to the part where you run the sketch GPS_SoftwareSerial_EchoTest and when I pull up the Serial Monitor the Time, Date, and fix all show up as 0’s and I don’t known how to fix it so I came here for help. BTW I am only 12 years. old and very new to this sort of thing and basically have no clue of what i’m doing all I did was find a youtube video which told you ow to make one (here’s the link to it - YouTube) So if anyone can help me it would be really appreciated

Please read and follow the directions in the “How to use this forum” post. Post the code, using code tags, and cut and paste an example of the output.

You must be outside, with a clear view of the sky, for the GPS to work.

Here is the Adafruit tutorial for that GPS unit.

Is the GPS unit outdoors with a clear view of the sky. GPS units usually cannot work indoors.

Read the how to use this forum-please read sticky to see how to properly post code and some advice on how to ask an effective question. Remove useless white space and format the code with the IDE autoformat tool (crtl-t or Tools, Auto Format) before posting code.

Post a schematic showing how the GPS is connected.

jackkvh:
where you run the sketch GPS_SoftwareSerial_EchoTest and when I pull up the Serial Monitor the Time, Date, and fix all show up as 0's

The GPS Echo test just copies the GPS characters to the serial monitor.

If the GPS does not have a fix then you wont see 0s for the time and date at all, just a series of commas.

If your serial monitor is really showing 0s for 'Time, Date, and fix' then that suggests its not the GPS echo program you have running.