Can't get Arduino to work consistently.

Right, I'm new to this Arduino stuff and I'm having some problems...
It originally wouldn't detect the board because of an Error: code 10. I fixed it by installing some drivers and played around with it for a bit. Now it just will not work and has the same stupid code 10 error thing. I have tried a multitude of things to get it to work but it will just not. I updated the driver through the device manager. I installed the driver into the driver folder in my Windows C drive, I have gone a step further and opted to select from a list of available drivers on my computer. When I did the latter, it maintained a connection, but the code/writing/script thing never finished uploading to my board. I have also tried a multitude of micro USB cables but that won't work either. I am running out of ideas as to what to do and I could do with as much help as possible.

Perhaps you could say what board it is that's giving you all this trouble. And then please post in full some of the EXACT error messages that you are getting. Just "stupid code 10 error thing" is not really enough for fault diagnosis.

Steve

Code 10 is almost (but not always) a driver issue.

As Slipstick said the actual board type is most useful in these situations.
You said micro USB so that narrows it down a bit but nor enough to start throwing wild guesses around.
Also knowing if its is a clone or not will also be invaluable.
We don't care if it is or not we will still try to help you.

Oh right, board type...
It's Arduino Uno (hopefully that helps in some way). I did a driver fix and got it to work before, but now it just doesn't seem to be able to upload a sketch properly. I can get it to connect to the computer by right clicking on the driver>Updating it>Selecting from a list>Using a drive on the computer and clicking OK (comes up with an error message but it connects nonetheless). The main problem I have now is that it just won't upload a sketch to the board, but it says it's connected in the device manager.
I'll try and paste the error message a little bit later on if you need it.

A UNO does not normally have a MICRO USB port !
Are you 100% sure that is what it is ?

I am going to send you HERE and when you have read ALL of that please clear up any misunderstandings and add the much needed information.

Without as much info as is possible it makes peoples job of trying to help quite difficult.

Ah sorry, I should be more specific otherwise I’m not helping anyone…
Also you were right that it isn’t an official Arduino board. It’s an ICSTATION Uno board (or an Adafruit Circuit Playground, I’ll have an image attached). Also below is an error message that I copied and pasted when trying to upload the blinking light example script to the board itself.

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

Sketch uses 928 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM5 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\jande\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_352878/Blinking_LED.ino.hex:i
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf”

Using Port : COM5
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Not sure what else to do from here, as it shows the board is connected in my device manager (also an image attached).

Snip of device manager.PNG

EDIT: Added the board image here, as the file was too big and other reasons…

The circuit playground is supported pretty much from the get go in the newer IDE's.

Something is still odd though as the circuit playground

does not look anything like your UNO.

Am starting to think you set up something else
Maybe you installed a driver for a board you dont have but windows accepted it.

Not 100% sure but your board looks like it could be using the CP2012 series chip as the usart for USB.

The chip near the USB port what does it actually say on it for the identification ?

Hopefully I am giving the info from the right chip, but the gold and black chip located near the USB port says 504C on top of it.

Tools -> board try selecting Uno if it's not set yet. Wrong board or chip setting will cause error.

This one.

Screenshot (104) (2).png

@ballscrewbob Alright. I'll put everything down and wherever the letter/digit appears that's what line it's on:
PL-2303HX
LFS150415A

@wilykat I have switched the board around to Adafruit Circuit Playground (the one it appears as in the driver) and all I get is a stream of messages saying PORTS {COM6, } / {COM6, } => {} and a little bit more but it will never fully upload the script to the actual board.

Ahha..All becomes clear.

Thats a CLONE for sure !

DRIVER is HERE

You very well may have to turn off driver enforcement but you can google that one easy enough.
I make no wonder you were having issues LOL

Hopefully this will fix it.

Still no luck with the damn board. What's worse is now it's back to the error 10 with the drive (so I'm back to the beginning XD).
I'll try and grab another cord that may have worked in the past (hopefully I can find it) and see what happens from then on.

Changing the cord has not done too much for me, my best bet is to just get a replacement board and see what happens at this point in time.

Thanks for the help nonetheless.