can't get sound from Bare conductive touch board! help

can't get sound from Bare conductive touch board! please help... I have followed all instructions but still can't hear any sound when I test by touching the square pin(s)

Hi, Can you post a photograph of your project please.

Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags? Please use code tags.. See section 7 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html In another post you say you cannot load / compile to sketch. Which is it? Can't load it, or can load it but doesn't appear to run? Tom.... :)

I had that at first and I found out it was my headphone output not making a proper connection. I assume you are using it out of the box with the default sounds and program.

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Mac OS X), Board: "Bare Conductive Touch Board"

Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/bin/avr-g++" (in directory "."): error=2, No such file or directory

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" enabled in File > Preferences.

The second thing I noticed I don't have "Sketch -> Import Library... menu in the Arduino IDE. " i don't have Import library tab under the sketch menu...

Grumpy_Mike:
I had that at first and I found out it was my headphone output not making a proper connection.
I assume you are using it out of the box with the default sounds and program.

TomGeorge:
Hi,
Can you post a photograph of your project please.

Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags?
Please use code tags… See section 7 http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html
In another post you say you cannot load / compile to sketch.
Which is it?
Can’t load it, or can load it but doesn’t appear to run?
Tom… :slight_smile:

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Mac OS X), Board: “Bare Conductive Touch Board”

Cannot run program “{runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/bin/avr-g++” (in directory “.”): error=2, No such file or directory

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.

That library is not installed correctly. Basically remove the MPR121-public level in the hierarchy.

I have moved the whole folder mpr121-public one level up… as you see in the attachment…

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 7.47.35 PM.png

The upload test process works fine I have updated to ARDUINO 1.7 now i see under the sketch menu the import library, I have named the mp3 file accurately (TRACK001.mp3), load it into the board, rested the button plugin the microphone jack...Yet i get no sound when i touch the square pin....

Oh man I think I got the folder structure right…please check attached file

I still can’t hear sound…

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 10.32.41 PM.png

Yes that last screen shot looks right.

Check you audio output device. Did it work with the software it came with?

I'm not sure about your question! I bought just the bare board, I didn't buy the whole kit! if that's what you mean!

I bought just the bare board,

So you had to solder the surface mount ICs on it yourself? Can you supply a link to what you bought? What is on your SD card? Did it come with an SD card?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.69.PAbEL6&id=44556945589&_u=5lnrd9717db
the link is Chinese…

So you had to solder the surface mount ICs on it yourself?
No i have not done anything to it

What is on your SD card?
I bought my own SD card!

ARDUINO.jpg

As you see I bought it as is, then I followed the steps of "Setting up your Touch Board with Arduino". the link: http://www.bareconductive.com/make/setting-up-arduino-with-your-touch-board/

I bought my own SD card!

Do you understand the type of file you had to put on the SD card in order to get a sound out of it?

then I followed the steps of "Setting up your Touch Board with Arduino".

So why did you miss out the installing a library step?

@Mowfak - Matt from Bare Conductive here. Sorry you're having trouble. From the looks of it you may have purchased a clone board. This would be the first that we've heard of clones.

To confirm would you mind posting some images of the actual board that you're working with? Also did the board come with a mircoSD card and packaging as seen here?

I ask as in order to help I need to figure out if its one of ours or not- we only know the specs of what we've produced and I want to make sure to understand what you're working with.

@Grumpy_Mike thanks for your help!

I’m terribly sorry to put you through this, this is terribly frustrating experience, I have included the photos of the actual purchase.

file format MP3 compression 128 saved to the Sd card from my mac...

I just bought the board nothing else came with it.......No SD card no nothing..... maybe I purchased a "bad one".....

Hi, The boards are different; Logo Font Electro Caps, 47uF in clone, 220uF in original

Hmmmm..

Tom....... >:(