can't install pid autotune library

Hi everybody,

I'm working with Arduino IDE 1.6.12 (my OS is ubuntu 14.04). I was trying to install the PIDAutotune library http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/PIDAutotuneLibrary by downloading the respective .zip-file from github, and then using the "Add .zip library" option in the Arduino IDE, as I have successfully done with other libraries. However, instead of installing the library, I receive the error message

"Arduino: 1.6.12 (Linux), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Specified folder/zip file does not contain a valid library"

Does anybody know what the problem is? What do I have to do to install this library?

The problem is the structure of that zip file is does not allow it to be installed via Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library. You need to do it manually:

• Copy the folder PID_AutoTune_v0 from the downloaded zip file to {sketchbook folder}/libraries. You can find the location of your sketchbook folder at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.
  • Restart the Arduino IDE if it's running

OK, it's resolved: the .zip file contains a subfolder "PID_Autotune_v0" wich is the actual library. I saved this subfolder as .zip file and added this via the "Add .Zip library" option.