Can't pass data from Arduino to MS Access DB

Hey all, I am writing a program to trigger the arduino to read a temperture sensor and sended to my pc vial a resial port. I have that part working. I'd like to load the data into a MS Access database via a SQL string command.

Al though I cannot get it to work, I think I have found the error: The SQL string doesn't seem to deal with string variables. When I cange the db fields and variables to intergers, it works. So, there must be an '@' or '&' to tell the database a variable is a string.

What do I do to inform MS Access that the string variables are indeed strings.

Thanks.

My code is below:
//========================================
int SQLid = 2;
DateTime SQLtoday = DateTime.Today;
string SQLtype = "Temp";
int SQLtemp = Convert.ToInt16(dataFromArduino);
string SQLname = "LM35DZ";
string SQLlocation = "Attic";

textBox6.Text = Convert.ToString(SQLid);
textBox1.Text = Convert.ToString(SQLtoday);
textBox2.Text = SQLtype;
textBox3.Text = Convert.ToString(SQLtemp);
textBox4.Text = SQLname;
textBox5.Text = SQLlocation;

//Creation of Database connection string for MS ACCESS
try
{
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection conn = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection();
conn.ConnectionString = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\templog.mdb";

//============ Creating & executing SQL string
//=============================================
//PROBLEM: I CANNOT PASS STRING VARIABLES TO THE MS ACCESS DATABASE USING THE insertSQL string.
//WHEN I CHANGE ALL DB FIELDS TO INTEGER AND THE STRING VARIANLES TO INT. THE CODE DOES NOT ERROR OUT!
string insertSQL = "INSERT INTO Temp (id, stype, faherenheit, partnum, placement)" +
" VALUES (" + SQLid + "," + SQLtype + "," + SQLtemp + "," + SQLname + "," + SQLlocation + ")";
OleDbCommand command = new OleDbCommand(insertSQL);
command.Connection = conn;
conn.Open(); //=== Opens db connection
command.ExecuteNonQuery(); //=== Executes 'INSERT INTO' SQL: ERROR OCCURS HERE!!!!
conn.Close(); //=== Closes db connection

You put quotes around the data to indicate it is a string. Most servers support both double-quotes (") and single-quotes (’). I have no idea what Access supports.

if SQLname and SQLlocation are defined as strings/text in the access db then do the following:

",'" + SQLname + "','" + SQLlocation + "')";

if number keep as you have it:

"," + SQLtemp + ","

and for a database date field use #:

",#" + SQLtoday + "#"

as a side note the you might have to use a format or tostring on the SQLtoday if it's date variable to get it into the correct format.

I always get confussed between oracle, mysql and access date format requirements....