Can't program pro mini

I tried programming Arduino Pro Mini(5V, 16M) atmega328p, But got the following error.

avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x96
avrdude: Send: V [56] @ [40] . [00] . [00] . [0c] [20]
avrdude: Recv: . [fe]
avrdude: stk500_cmd(): programmer is out of sync

Please Help…

Post a link to show where you got it from, and what USB to serial converter are you using?

Also what OS?

A reasonable description of what you are doing would be better. What OS are you using, what programmer/USB serial converter are you using, are you uploading using the Arduino IDE or another method, is it a 'real' board, a clone, a copy or a home made board.
We generally find that it is down to wiring in most cases where uploading does not work, followed by the unit being in circuit and there is to much load on the power feed. I have yet to see a faulty new board (except the cr*p from china).

proto-pic:
(except the cr*p from china).

Which cr*p from China have you had trouble with? Apple iPhones? Android phones? HP/Lenovo etc desktops/laptops?

What's the issue with Lenovo (formerly IBM Thinkpad) laptops?
I have a W530 and am very happy with it. Not sure if it came from China or North Carolina.
My son's college, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, requires all students to purchase a Lenovo laptop (14", T430?) that is pre-imaged with software needed for classes. I got mine sometime after he got his; 18 months and no issues on either one yet (except for his preference for Linux over Windows - he can reload with whatever he wants when he graduates next summer).
We just got MrsCrossroads a year old W530 with Win 8 (she updated to 8.1 - I prefer Win7Pro) it seems to have an occasional loose contact or something that makes the screen act up.
Much prefer the keypads on these - doesn't have the number keypad to make the alphanumeric keys offset to the side like so many other 15+" screens. And it's not the Chiclet style buttons that seem so widespread too.

I don't have an issue with Lenovo (now a Chinese company) I do have an issue with people who think everything from China is not good. You can buy cr*p made in China, the USA, UK, and so on. You can also buy well made stuff from all of those.