Can't run arduino uno on my Mac......

I can't run arduino on my Mac , I'm use MacOS 10.12.2 When I connect the uno to my mac, my computer will restart & restart & restart on and on ...

Anyone can help me? thanks a lot!!!

Are you saying that when you plug the USB cable into an already powered and running Mac, the Mac goes into a restart loop? Does unplugging the cable cause the Mac to resume normal operation? Have you verified the USB cable is good? Have you tried a different Uno?

YES!!

1/ When I plug the USB cable into my running Mac, the Mac goes into a restart loop, (picture below)

|350x500IMG_9050 by Frankie 6036, 於 Flickr

2/ Unplugging the cable , the Mac resume to normal

3/ I try to connect the uno to another PC, it works

4/ I only have this Uno and I try to use another USB cable, the Mac restart loop still appear

What can I do for that ? please help me, thanks a lot

Yikes! You may have to refresh the firmware on the 16u2. I would recommend ordering a $5 “USBasp” from eBay plus a 10-pin to 6-pin adapter if (like most) it comes with only a 10-pin cable.

Notes:
Change “-cusbasp” to match your ISP device.
Change “-pm16u2” if your board has the older m8u2.

Change Directory to the Arduino “hardware” directory.

On Windows it is something like:
cd “C:/Program Files (x86)/arduino-1.6.13/hardware/”

On a Mac it is something like:
cd “/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/”

// MEGA update 16u2
tools/avr/bin/avrdude -Ctools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -pm16u2 -Pusb -cusbasp -Uflash:w:arduino/firmwares/atmegaxxu2/arduino-usbdfu/MEGA-dfu_and_usbserial_combined.hex -Ulfuse:w:0xFF:m -Uhfuse:w:0xD9:m -Uefuse:w:0xF4:m -Ulock:w:0x0F:m

// UNO update 16u2
tools/avr/bin/avrdude -Ctools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -pm16u2 -Pusb -cusbasp -Uflash:w:arduino/firmwares/atmegaxxu2/arduino-usbdfu/UNO-dfu_and_usbserial_combined.hex -Ulfuse:w:0xFF:m -Uhfuse:w:0xD9:m -Uefuse:w:0xF4:m -Ulock:w:0x0F:m

Johnwasser,thanks for your reply
because of I’m not a programmer, I don’t understand what mean of ~

cd" /application/Arduino.app/contents/java/hardware./

Can you show me from pictures? or something else…?

However, I will try my best to refresh the firmware … :wink:

In my experience, the 16u2 rarely needs a firmware update. IVe got an Arduino Uno R3 that's been kicking around since Arduino IDE 0022 days. It still works as advertised. My MAC OS has gone thru multiple upgrades and is now on Sierra and again, there have been no issues.

The fact that the OP is getting Mac kernel panic aborts indicates something very serious. It's more likely a mis-behaving USB driver, because the board works on a different PC.