Can't save and upload -validating license failed

Hi I’m new to Arduino and just trying to set it up for my son to use. We’re using a Chrome book running (Version 89.0.4389.95) and just downloaded the Arduino create app. All seems to work fine but when we try to save and upload we get the message “validating license failed OAUTH2 request failed: Service responded with error: Service has been disabled for this account.” We’re trying to connect to a Arduino uno.
Can anyone give me any pointers. Thanks

@finnbob

Your topic was Moved to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

A similar topic was also posted and was passed upstairs. I will see if they have an answer yet on Monday for you and the other poster.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Hi finnbob,

Note that there are two versions of Arduino Create, Arduino Create Chrome App for Education and an older version Arduino Create.

The older version is no longer available, so make sure you have downloaded the version named for Education. You can use this even though you are an individual and not a school.

To use the Education version, you currently need a subscription, which is 0.99$ per month. To read more about subscribing to Create Chrome App for Education and installations, visit this tutorial.

If you still face issues using the app, or need help with the subscription, please contact us here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/contact-us/

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.