Can't seem to identify my Arduino board

Hi, i got an Arduino board from a teacher for a project, but I can't seem to identify it, nor does the Arduino application. Cold you help me identify it? The board works if I use it as an Arduino Uno.

Is there anything written on the chip itself?
Looks like maybe a 328 or 168 with a CH340.
Have you tried to run a blink program?

That is because it uses the WCH CH340 USB chip, This is a general purpose USB to serial adapter chip which has a manufacturer VID/PID pair. So, unlike the boards that use a custom VID/PID pair, the Arduino software has no way of identifying what the serial port is associated with.

But that is not a serious problem because the board identification is only a convenience feature. You can easily identify the port of your board just by checking which one appears after you plug it in to your computer.

What do you need an identification for?

Yeah, it is surely configured to be Arduino Uno compatible. It uses the same ATmega328P microcontroller and bootloader and pin mapping. The only difference is that they have added a buzzer and some alternative connectors.

The board works, but i didn't know which board it is.

Figured that out after I managed to upload some code.

I just wanted to look up some tutorials on YouTube , for example, how and if I can connect a gamepad to it, if that's possible at all.

Thank you both for answers!

The Google Translate app says the Chinese text in the middle means "Geek Universe". That might be the designer/vendor.

Does it say anything on the OTHER side?

Just look for Arduino tutorials in general. Other than some rare advanced exceptions that rely on the ATmega16U2 USB chip the official Arduino Uno uses instead of the CH340, anything that can be done with an Uno can be done with that board.

Yeah that's what the text on the other side says, but googling it doesn't reveal much.
Thank you.

Thanks a lot!

The eight yellow connectors around the edge each have (G)round, (V)oltage, and a digital I/O pin (2, 3*, 4, 5*, 6*, 7, 8, 9*). The pins marked with '*' are Arduino UNO PWM (analogWrite()) pins.

The blue connectors are:
G, V, 1, 0: Hardware Serial
G, V, 10*, 11*, 12: (If they added 13 it would be SPI)
G, V, A4/SDA, A5/SCL: I2C/TWI/Wire interface

The green connectors are two of the six analog input pins:
G, V, A0
G, V, A1

The red connector appears to be power, like the power jack on an UNO.

Looks like there is an IR receiver connected to A2 and a buzzer connected to A3.

The ATmega168? 328P? appears to have a crystal instead of a ceramic resonator so it should be better than your average Arduino UNO at keeping time.

It's a little strange that they appear to give NO easy access to the SPI interface SCLK pin (Pin 13 on an UNO). Maybe 13 is too unlucky. Pin 13 is also the LED_BUILTIN pin but I don't see any LED for it. Try the Blink example to see if anything blinks. If it does, you can probably connect to Pin 13 near there and use the SPI interface (for an SD Card, for example).

I wonder what the big round hole near Pin 9* is for.

It is probably a mounting hole. There are two others squeezed in to free spaces on the board.

I wonder if that board originally came from some kit, like a car, robot arm, etc? The connectors would make for easier assembly.

Don't really like that the designers put part of the Arduino logo on the board.

UNO clone.
Biggest concern is any added (non-UNO official) stuff: thermistors, buzzers, LEDs, Photocells, and such.

Just trace out any I/O lines to make certain they are free before coding a project.

They are the power pins. The board can be powered by 3 AA batteries mounted in an adapater.

Just a mounting hole.

It came in an educational kit with some wheels and some structure boards(from plastic).

The board is working just fine, I tested it with some servos.

Can you post a picture of the kit? That would definitely help in identification.

I think it might be this one, but it definetly misses some components.