Can't Update my FTDI323

I bought a new FTDT232 from a local electronic shop and have been trying to install it to my laptop which uses windows 8.1 X64 (single language). Two red LEDs blink for four times when I connect it to the USB port but windows does not recognize the device. It’s a whole week I’ve wasted unable to update the drive. I have gone installing all drivers and updating via the windows device manager. Every time it say that “Windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date”. I’ve browsed the FTDI website and downloaded many drivers and have gone through the AN_234_FTDI_Drivers_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_8.
The drivers are as follows.

1. CDM 2.08.24 WHQL Certified
  2. CDM v2.12.24 WHQL Certified
  3. CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified
  4. CDM21228_Setup
  5. CDM_v2.12.00_WHQL_Certified
  6. FTD3XXDriver_WHQLCertified_v1.2.0.6
  7. FTD3XXDriver_WHQLCertified_v1.2.0.6_Installer
  8. PF73W_Dock_FTDI_2.12.06_ZPE

But none of them works. But ends up with the same message.

I have already tried by restarting the computer holding the shift key – Startup Settings - Advanced options – Startup Settings – Troubleshoot – Startup Settings – Restart – Startup Settings – 7.)Disable drive signature enforcement & then updating the driver but it also didn’t work.

Can anybody help me to sort out this problem?

FTDI232.jpg

(deleted)

Have you considered the possibility that the FTDI device is defective? Perhaps it is one of the counterfeit devices. After one or two software installation attempts fail, my approach is to consider the hardware suspect. Have you tested it on a machine with a known working FTDI driver?

What does device manager show for it?

Do you get the hardware connected noise when you plug it in?

It's probably a clone and not FTDI device A real FTDI will install on window by its self windows will load the right driver.

Try the CH340 drivers CH340G/ch341ser_windows.zip at master · lizard43/CH340G · GitHub

I just plugged mine in and windows 7 pro windows 8 and windows 10 didn't have any problems with a real one
I got one off ebay for like $1.50 and it really was not FTDI it was a CH340g remarked as one.

be80be:
It's probably a clone and not FTDI device A real FTDI will install on window by its self windows will load the right driver.

Try the CH340 drivers CH340G/ch341ser_windows.zip at master · lizard43/CH340G · GitHub

If it's the thing he posted a picture of, that is definitely not a CH340G; CH340G is in a SOIC-16 package, that's a TSSOP-20something; that board sure looks like an FTDI board (though the chip could be counterfeit - there was a plague of those a while ago - google "ftdigate" for more details)

There is a 28 pin one that is a clone and uses the drivers i posted.

(deleted)