Cant upload code to the board.

hey, i cant upload code to my mega2560 r3. " Loading..." is very long, and at the end show me error : avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

in addition Tx / Rx Led dont blink, but before this problem, very fast blink when code was loading to the board..

thanks for any help !

What sketch are you trying to load?

Can you load the Blink sketch?

Make sure you don't have any strings with more than three exclamation points "!!!" The bootloader on the 2560 will enter a special mode if it sees a sequence of !!! while uploading.

I just purchased the same board. Getting the same message with Windows 7, 64 bit, can’t even load the “blink” code.

[quote author=Louis Davis link=topic=157072.msg1176819#msg1176819 date=1364527861] What sketch are you trying to load? [/quote]

Basic-> Led Blink

[quote author=Louis Davis link=topic=157072.msg1176819#msg1176819 date=1364527861]Can you load the Blink sketch?[/quote]

No ;//

[quote author=Louis Davis link=topic=157072.msg1176819#msg1176819 date=1364527861]"three exclamation points "!!!" ?? [/quote] hmm ..im not sure, but it seems to my that i dont use any exclamation.

Can i fix it ?

I suspect that my problem is that the Mega is not communicating with the USB port. I have gone to the device manager but none of them reference Arduino or anything related. Windows 7 does not seem to know the board is connected. I have tried to update the drivers but bcause I cannot see what port the board is connected to, it seems futile.

ludensd,

Look for Unknown Device under Other devices in Device Manager. Right click the Unknown Device in Device Manager Select Update Driver Software Select Browse my computer for software Click Browse button Select the Drivers folder under the location of your Arduino software installation. (Do not select the FTDI folder inside the Drivers folder) Click OK Click Next

Thanks for the help but nothing even shows up as an unknown device. I have read the trouble shooting sections and tried everything that I can think of, even different cables. The board green and yellow lights come on indicating power but there appears to be no communication whatever. Is it possible that the board is bad?

Problem resolved, returned board for another, everything works as documented.