I just upgraded my Mac from High Sierra to Catalina (10.15.6). On High Sierra everything was fine, I could program skecthes and upload them.
After upgrading to Catalina, I can't upload any sketch: after they pass compilation I always get the error
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
and after 10 attempts upload fails. Things I've tried:
- using always a good old Arduino board (UNO R3), thats was working before the upgrade to Catalina
- tried a brand new UNO R3 board, same results
- tried a brand new Arduino Nano board, same results
- tried switching USB cable, just in case.... (at every test I tried the Get Board Info command and it reported Arduino's info, meaning that comms should work)
- bring the same boards to a MacBook Pro that still has High Sierra and everything works fine
I understand that many users are banging their heads against this problem (not only on MacOS), now I joined the pack!
On many forums I've seen the advice to change processor from the tools menu, but I have no such option on my IDE (v. 1.8.13). There's Board and then Port with no Processor in the middle.
I would be extremely grateful if anyone that had the same issue could help me!