Can't upload sketch to ATMEGA328P-PU using CP2102

Hi, I'm a noob to programming chips in general and utilizing the arduino IDE, bootloader, etc. So please bear with me if I mention something that is not correct and I ask that I'd be corrected so I can learn as I go.
I am trying to learn how to upload a sketch to an ATMEGA328P-PU that I purchased from amazon with a preloaded arduino bootloader (link). I followed a video from youtube (link) showing how to upload a sketch to the ATMEGA328P-PU. However, I purchased the CP2102 from amazon (link) instead of the one specified in the description of the youtube video.
I followed the video step-by-step and put all of the components together as specified. When I plug the CP2102 to my laptop, the light on the breadboard starts blinking at rate of 1 second so I'm thinking the chip was programmed with the "blink" sketch from the Arduino IDE. Would that be correct to assume?
I'm trying to upload a new blinking sketch as shown in the video to increase the blink rate, however I can't seem to upload a sketch.
On the Arduino IDE v1.8.3 I've selected the Board type from the Tools menu to be "Arduino/Genuino Uno". The CP2102 is recognized as COM15 and that is what I've selected in the Port menu. When I click on the "Upload" button, it fails. Here is the output I get from the console:

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_76202\core\core_arduino_avr_uno_0c812875ac70eb4a9b385d8fb077f54c.a
Linking everything together...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc" -w -Os -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega328p  -o "C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295/Blink.ino.elf" "C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp.o" "C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295/core\core.a" "-LC:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295" -lm
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0  "C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295/Blink.ino.elf" "C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295/Blink.ino.eep"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom  "C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295/Blink.ino.elf" "C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295/Blink.ino.hex"
Sketch uses 984 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM15 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\carlsuper14\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_839295/Blink.ino.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM15
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm thinking I need to buy an actual Arduino Uno board from microcenter (link) to upload a sketch on the ATMEGA328P-PU chip with the existing bootloader. But, how can i verify if the chip has the Arduino bootloader installed? Would the Arduino board allow me to flash an Arduino bootloader as well as uploading sketches? Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated it. Thank you.