Can't upload sketches to arduino nano

Hello everyone,

First of all I must say I am still beginner with arduino.

Here is my problem I bought a arduino nano but I can't upload sketches to it (maybe I broke it because I thought once an upload was succesful).

When i try to upload a sketch i get the following error.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board:"Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

De schets gebruikt 928 bytes (3%) programma-opslagruimte. Maximum is 30720 bytes. Globale variabelen gebruiken 9 bytes (0%) van het dynamisch geheugen. Resteren 2039 bytes voor lokale variabelen. Maximum is 2048 bytes. C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM4 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_736334/Blink.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/ Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf" avrdude: can't open config file "C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf": No such file or directory avrdude: error reading system wide configuration file "C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf" avrdude: error reading system wide configuration file "C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf"

Your Nano has either the new or the old bootloader. If you have a choice in the IDE, try both. If you don't have two choices in the IDE, then you need to update Board Manager.

Still getting the same errors :confused:.

Think I do something wrong because now I am getting the same error with my arduino uno.

I think I need to run the arduinoISP but I don't have an working arduino anymore (all same error) .

But the strange thing is that they worked before.

Did you read the error message? Missing config somewhere?

Agree missing file in the IDE. think I’d remove the Arduino IDE and do a fresh clean install .
As said beware some of the clones use a different USB chip that needs a drive not supplied in the IDE - CH340 driver, but suspect the IDE first .

Got it working thanks guys!!

Insanewolf01: Got it working thanks guys!!

It would be usefull for others if you provided te solution ;)