Can't upload to Arduino Mega after trying to connect it with ramps to 24v

Hi,
I bought kit o Mega (R3) with Ramps and Graphic LCD, upload the Blink program → good.
Upload Merlin firmware → good.

I tried to connect it to a 3D printer that use 24V (and ramps etc) to test one of the motor of it to see if the ramps/mega work good etc.

The LCD got crazy so I disconnect it to see if it damaged.
I connected only the Ramps/Mega with the LCD to the PC (without the motor/Power supply) and it’s seems to work good. I see the merlin run on the LCD just like before.

But, now I can’t upload any sketches to the Arduino Mega. I disconnected the Ramps, reset my PC and nothing, I can’t see serial COM of the Mega on the Device Manager (Win7), I connected another Mega and it’s work good so it’s seems that something burn in my Arduino card.

I try to connect 12V to the power connector of the Mega to see if it will work but got not light on the power led. I connected the 5+ to the 5V/GND on the power pins and the led was lighted as usual.

My questions is:

1. is there a way to fix the problem?
  2. is there a way to upload to this board with help of other board? (Arduino micro etc.)

It does not sound good!

Show us how it was actually connected. If you used the arduino to switch the 24v you may have fried the beast.

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
It does not sound good!

Show us how it was actually connected. If you used the arduino to switch the 24v you may have fried the beast.

Weedpharma

It connected to the Ramps board with graphic LCD and only one driver to the X motor.

I connected it to 24V of 3D Printer that use Ramps etc. so I only put out the power from the Ramps of the 3D Printer and put it on my Ramps.

After what happened I call the guy that help us to build this particular 3D Printer and he ask if we put out D1 diode from the Ramps as he do to his Ramps (that is used on the 3D Printer)

It’s seems that the AMS1117 voltage regulator that supposed to put out 5V is damage. I want to know if it’s the only component that have damage.

When I connect 12V (0.8A) to the power connector, the big capacitors near the power connector hold 12V (according to the circuit of the Arduino Mega it is before the regulator) and the other big capacitor hold 1.7V (need to be 5V). I measure 1.7V also on the 5V pin.

When I connect it to the Ramps and give it 12V I also get this ~1.7V and not 5V so the Arduino/LCD is OFF.

I tried to upload firmware to the Arduino with this device (usb-ttl usb-stc-isp) and it work good and I also can communicate with the firmware with RepetierHost.

And this is how it’s work with the Arduino software: