Can't upload to Pro with Mac Mavericks

Been using the Pros and Pro mini for awhile. Using the USB to 6 pin header cable. I updated 2 of the 3 Macs I use to program the Arduinos to Mavericks and they can no longer upload programs. I get the Upload done message and then a message about out of sync. The program does not load and the old program is still in and running on the Arduino. I can use my old Mac G4 mini running Leopard and it will load the boards just fine. I know this worked on the newer Macs under Mountain Lion. So I know a lot of things it is not. It is not the Arduinos or anything to do with therm. It is not the cable. I have valid drivers loaded on all of the Macs. The old Mac is running JAVA 5 the new ones are running java 7. The old mac is 32 bit and the new ones are 64 bit. Any ideas.

I have been having the same problem since updating my iMac to Mavericks using IDE 1.5.4. Then I looked at the release notes for 1.5.5 (beta) and one of the changes is: “(mac) Improved board autodetection on Mac OS X”. So I downloaded 1.5.5 and that improved things marginally. Now I can upload once only to a pro or UNO board but after that it fails. I have to unplug the serial cable (or USB cable for the UNO) and then plug it back in again for each successive upload to work.
I think this might be a fix but I haven’t tried it yet:

Just tried the fix posted by Adam.S:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns sudo mv AppleUSBFTDI.kext AppleUSBFTDI.disabled sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Restart your computer

Install the original FTDI Virtual Com Port drivers found here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

and its all working again in Mavericks. Phew. (But I also see that you already posted in that thread that you have tried it and it didn't work for you. Sorry, I guess I haven't helped).