Can't use FixedPoint library

Hello,

I have installed the FixedPoint library and tried to use it with Arduino 1.0 but I have a bunch of error messages, even with the provided example.

Should I try with an older version of the IDE or is there another problem (I am for instance a bit surprised that the library is very small in kilobytes) ?

Thank you in advance.

I don't know. 'A bunch of error messages' really isn't very helpful in providing a diagnosis. Can't find the library either, so a link would be useful too.

OK, here are some more details.

The page for the library is here : http://cid.totheskies.net/?p=168

And here are the error messages :
In file included from wii_remote_ir_sensor_sample_adapted_to_arduino1dot0_sizeV3.cpp:16: // this is the name of my program
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:12:22: error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
In file included from wii_remote_ir_sensor_sample_adapted_to_arduino1dot0_sizeV3.cpp:16:
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:27: error: 'int32_t' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:87: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:161: error: 'fixed' has not been declared
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:161: error: 'fixed' has not been declared
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:175: error: 'fixed' has not been declared
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:175: error: 'fixed' has not been declared
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:192: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:200: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:205: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:211: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:214: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:217: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:222: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:252: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:256: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:260: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:281: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:285: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:289: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:294: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:298: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:302: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:306: error: 'fixed' does not name a type
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:315: error: 'fixed' has not been declared
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h: In static member function 'static void FixedPoint::cordicLinear(int*, int*, int*, int)':
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:162: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:162: error: expected ;' before 'i' /Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:163: error: 'fixed' was not declared in this scope /Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:163: error: expected ;' before 'tx'
/Applications/Arduino1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/FixedPoint/FixedPoint.h:164: error: 'i' was not declared in this scope
... (next messages removed not to override maximum allowed length)

Ok. So a quick search on the site, or on google, for 'WProgram.h: No such file or directory', would have told you all you need to know. That library is not compatible with 1.0. Read the release notes to find out how to correct it - http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ReleaseNotes. If that doesn't do it, contact the author and see if they are updating their library.

dxw00d:
Ok. So a quick search on the site, or on google, for ‘WProgram.h: No such file or directory’, would have told you all you need to know.

Well, it’s not so easy to predict that the first line of the error message would lead to the solution. But thanks anyway.

I disagree, the first shown error is frequently the most significant.
The WProgram.h error has been asked about at least once every single day since 1.0 was released. The solution is in the release notes, but clearly, many people don't seem to read them. It may, or may not, be the case with you, but too many people just post the problem on here, without doing any research for themselves.