Can't use input number in m2tklib

I’m new to m2tklib and I’m trying to make UI using OLED display to control the movement of stepper motor with A4988 driver.
I tried to use U8NUMFN but when I enter any number and then call it the number can be printed using serial monitor but can’t be used in any other function.
The code is attached , I hope any body help me soon because it’s kind of graduation project.
Thanks.

oled_function.ino (7.65 KB)

calibration_function.ino (1.14 KB)

move_in_out_function.ino (2.14 KB)

We’ll need more information to be able to help you:

Please post a link (using the chain links icon on the forum toolbar to make it clickable) to where you downloaded the m2tklib library from. Or if you installed it using Library Manger (Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries in the Arduino IDE or Libraries > Library Manager in the Arduino Web Editor) then say so and state the full name of the library.

What exactly do you mean by “can’t be used in any other function”? Are you getting an error message? If so, post the full text of the error message here using code tags (</> button on the toolbar).

Thanks for responding.
I downloaded the library from this link

https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/m2tklib/m2tklib_arduino_u8g_1.11.zip

There is no error message. The problem is when I set moveToIn = true; to call moveToSetIn function the stepper doesn't move if the number is entered using the UI . But it moves if I declared inDistance = any number .

So I guess that number entered by UI is not able be used or I am missing something.

I think the problem is that you don't set RunStepCount to 0 when you set myMinLimit.

When counting steps you should NOT be using 'float' variables.

I found the problem
I declared the same variables again as private variables, so it did not update value.