Capacitor load state

Hi I would like to ask you do someone of you know a way to get the load state auf a capacitor with an Arduino?

I thank you for your answers.

"load state of a capacitor" is not a valid electronics expression. Rephrase the question

I am going to take a flying leap here.

To measure the load in a capacitor you need to measure the amplitude and phase of the voltage across it and the amplitude and phase of the current through it. The voltage is simple, it is just the voltage across the capacitor. To sample the current you need to put a small (1 ohm) resistor in series with the capacitor and ground and measure the voltage across the resistor.

To "measure" the voltage you will need to sample many points to determine the amplitude and phase of the signal.

If this is a mains powered capacitor, and you are asking the question, the arduino is not the right tool for you for safety reasons.

If by load you mean stored energy it's 1/2* C * V^2

C in farads V in volts answer in joules

regards

Allan

As I said, rephrase the question.

" How to measure the stored energy " is a valid question.

"Q = C * V" Coulombs = Capacitance * Voltage

The fact that it was not stated whether it was AC or DC should tell you something about the person asking the question. Note that neither the voltage nor capacitance were given. What does that tell you ? (hint: homework ?)

PS-Nothing is free. It will cost you heat to measure the current.

Good luck calculating the Reactance of a DC voltage. (Phase shift is only in ac circuits because Reactance is a function of frequency , which , for DC is steady state)

For an ideal inductor in an AC circuit, the inhibitive effect on change in current flow results in a delay, or a phase shift, of the alternating current with respect to alternating voltage. Specifically, an ideal inductor (with no resistance) will cause the current to lag the voltage by a quarter cycle, or 90°.

REACTANCE

rausch1988: Hi I would like to ask you do someone of you know a way to get the load state auf a capacitor with an Arduino?

I thank you for your answers.

Do you mean the charge on the capacitor? Q = CV