CapSense Output Low?

Fair warning, newb…
Per the CapSense Library sketch
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/CapacitiveSensor?from=Main.CapSense#.U0G_GqhdUww

For my project, I need the sensor not being touched to go LOW but in the code from the capsense library, I don’t know which thing or how to make LOW. Is it cs_4_2 or total1 or how do I turn off a pin?

Thank you!

#include <CapacitiveSensor.h>

CapacitiveSensor   cs_4_2 = CapacitiveSensor(4,2);
CapacitiveSensor   cs_4_5 = CapacitiveSensor(4,5);       

void setup()                    
{
   cs_4_2.set_CS_AutocaL_Millis(0xFFFFFFFF);     // turn off autocalibrate on channel 1 - just as an example
   Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()                    
{
    long start = millis();
    long total1 =  cs_4_2.capacitiveSensor(30);
    long total2 =  cs_4_5.capacitiveSensor(30);

Serial.print(millis() - start);        // check on performance in milliseconds
    Serial.print("\t");                    // tab character for debug window spacing
    Serial.print(total1);                  // print sensor output 1
    Serial.print("\t");
    Serial.print(total2);                  // print sensor output 2
    delay(10);                             // arbitrary delay to limit data to serial port 
}

I am confused by your words:-

I need the sensor not being touched to go LOW

It is a sensor it does not go high or low. Do you mean you want it to return LOW? If so why, you simply do a logic inversion in your code, typically:-

sensor = !snesor

will do it, where sensor is a boolean type variable.

how do I turn off a pin?

Again not sure what you mean by that, but simply not reading it is a good start.

That is fair, I did not frame it well.

Specifically in that CapSense code, I want one of the capacitance sensors that is reading lower than the other one to be turned off for a delay which I will do with an IF statement. Another words, if there is a right and left capsense foil (like in the example code on the Arduino article), when you touch the left and it shows a greater than a certain total than the other, the right one turns off for 10 seconds. In that CapSense code, how it's structured, I'm not sure which int to turn off or the best method to turn off power to that specific sensor. Should I LOW the 5V pin to it or is one of those int turned LOW? I want to turn that pin to one of them off. In this situation, how do I do that?

I am still not sure what you mean by turn it off. The sensor does not consume any power so messing about with the pin modes is not going to get you anywhere.

If you do not read the sensor, the

total1 =  cs_4_2.capacitiveSensor(30);

bit then is than not the same as the sensor being off?

Not reading the sensor is the same as turning it off.

I guess what I mean to say is to discontinue a current to the sensor. Literally turning off connection by turning off the pin because in that code, the current is still applied to the sensor. I assumed I could LOW the pin via code which would cease the current to it.

You are using pin 4 as the Send pin for both sensors so you can't "turn off" one of them.

Perhaps it would be better if you explained what you are trying to achieve rather than describing what you think is the solution. For instance, if you want one sensor to be inactive for a period of time then either don't read it or ignore the result when you do read it.