car license plate detection and use 2.4'' tft lcd + OV7670 camera

hi, does someone could help me- i want to use OV7670 camera and take a picture of a small car and detect it's license plate so i could show a specific picture using the lcd.

by the way' i use arduino mega, OV7670 and 2.4'' tft lcd screen- can someone please help with circuit picture and the code.

thank you!!!!!!

so i could show a specific picture using the lcd

Would there be a different picture for every license plate? Think big!

i want to use OV7670 camera and take a picture of a small car

Permission granted. Although that is not a trivial task.

and detect it's license plate

Houston, we have a problem. That is not even remotely possible on most Arduinos. Possibly on the DUE (maybe).

can someone please help with circuit picture and the code.

You can't even figure out how to connect the camera?

do you want to detect the position of the license plate or also read it? under what conditions? will be very difficult although its told that NASA did write image recognizers with less resources as an Arduino...

check - https://opencv-python-tutroals.readthedocs.org/en/latest/py_tutorials/py_tutorials.html - for an image processing tutorial that would be more feasible imho

first of all- thank for your answer. i want to read a license plate from a toy car and show the car's image at the acreen.

and no- the camera and lcd came without datasheet so i dont know how to connect those.

i want to read a license plate from a toy car and show the car's image at the acreen.

One time? Or when the car (always the same one?) triggers a beam?

You don't need to interpret the image, then. Right?

not exactly- there will be 2 cars drive on a mini road which i built. i want the camera to take a picture when the car drives by and then the detection takes place.

At the very least, pick an LCD and camera that you do know how to connect. It will still be a very difficult project, if even possible.

SBsb: and no- the camera and lcd came without datasheet so i dont know how to connect those.

Do you know the model of the camera or LCD? Google is awesome at finding datasheets.

I think a suitable way to learn about this problem would be to take a photo of a licence plate with a camera. Upload to your PC. Use image software to crop down just to the licence plate. Then try writing a Python program to figure out the licence plate number from that image. If you succeed then try it again with the image at a slightly different angle and size.

...R

If the license plate has a real distinct colour it might be possible to just select the right colour bits. Can you post a picture of the cars?

robtillaart: If the license plate has a real distinct colour it might be possible to just select the right colour bits. Can you post a picture of the cars?

Even simpler would be to have different colour cars. All he needs to do then is to distinguish between a red car and a blue car. If a car is detected, print the (known) number plate of that colour car....RED 1 or BLU 1. If he has a jpeg of each car, he can show the appropriate one on his screen.