Catalex MP3 Player

Hello everyone, im currently working on a project that consist various ultrasonic sensor that detects obstacles for visually impaired humans. I want to use various serial mp3 because i have 5 different ultrasonic sensors. Is it possible to connect 5 different serial mp3 players at once in an arduino mega?

Yes. A mega got 4 serial ports and you can use softwareserial for the others.

Do you know exactly how ?

fp5kkk:
Do you know exactly how ?

You hook up the mp3 players and you send them data based on the input you receive. If you are looking for exact code there is none. It's up to you to program your project and if you got questions about your written code you can ask for help.

You should be able to make 1 mp3 player play different voice messages and the sketch generate tones for anything else.

Arduino Mega2560 has 4 hardware serial ports and Example code to show how to use them.

The Arduino.cc site has loads of examples, many are in your IDE.

But what you want to do in particular is not likely covered exactly.

GoForSmoke:
You should be able to make 1 mp3 player play different voice messages and the sketch generate tones for anything else.

Arduino Mega2560 has 4 hardware serial ports and Example code to show how to use them.

The Arduino.cc site has loads of examples, many are in your IDE.

But what you want to do in particular is not likely covered exactly.

Yes like i want to connect each ultra sonic sensor to each mp3 player so when an ultra sonic sensor detects an obsticle the mp3 players plays a file. 4 ultra sonic sensors each connected to a serial mp3 player so i can adjust the sound depending on the distance.
Is that possible?

Thats the code that I built, is it correct? So it works properly

Trial.ino (7 KB)

fp5kkk:
Yes like i want to connect each ultra sonic sensor to each mp3 player so when an ultra sonic sensor detects an obsticle the mp3 players plays a file.

Always the same? Does the Catalex have button pins or only serial?
Are these files words or would tones suffice? Like a varying tone or beeps spaced apart depending on distance.
A tone takes a pin and piezo buzzer, low power.

4 ultra sonic sensors each connected to a serial mp3 player so i can adjust the sound depending on the distance.
Is that possible?

4 ping sensors connected to one arduino with 1 mp3 player can play 1 file at a time. Do you need more than 1 at a time? The user might also need to hear around them too.

Tones are much easier to make. Click-clicks spaced by the sensed distance, there are blind bicycle riders that make their own clicks, it can be learned. IIRC the riders started out walking.

I want each sensor to work independently. Thats why i want 4 different serial mp3s on each sensor. Check my last post i attached the sketch