CCD camera with TC237?

I have couple of TC237 CCD chips... Some time ago I tried to use them with F330 uP, and camera worked, but it was very slow (only couple of frames per second).

I would like to try again, this time with arduino... I want to use this camera as autoguider for my telescope.
Is there anything done already along these lines?
Thank you in advance for any reply!
Bojan

I have checked it online and didn't get any results, seems like no one has interfaced TC237 with Arduino. You could be the first one.

Thank you for your reply.
Interfacing is not the big problem (one just need to follow data sheet), but firmware which will generate image (and/or pulses for guiding) could be…

firmware which will generate image (and/or pulses for guiding) could be...

by "firmware", presumably you mean arduino sketch.
FYI, no one uses the term "firmware" to describe arduino code, despite the fact that technically it is firmware. Just thought you should know that using the term "firmware" when referring to your arduino code is not going to be very helpful to your post. Use the term "sketch" as that is the Arduino designated term
for arduino code. (stored in the FLASH memory).

MEMORY

I don't see any issues with generating the pulses. There's tons of reference material online about doing that with an arduino. Image recognition with an arduino is another thing altogether. I doubt you could store the code necessary to do that in an arduino, even a Mega. You would need a reference database and massive code. You should probably pursue other h/w platforms for that application. I don't think they use arduinos for cruise missiles either...

Yes, "firmware" is arduino compiled "code" (from sketch) of course (I wandered many times why Arduino creators wanted to change the established terminology..)

As for image recognition, there will ne no more than dozen round bright areas in the image frame, size ~10x10 pixels to be detected and after choosing the suitable one, the movement of the centre has to be monitored and appropriate correction signal generated.

There used to be even DOS program (written by Martin Niemi, source (or sketch) was published as well), working with webcams (Logitech quickcam i think, connected to PC via LPT port)

Anyway... maybe I should just go for webcam and existing excellent PHD2 application, however this approach requires laptop running windows, and it would be nice to avoid that - it would mean a lot less wires & cables to deal with in the dark.