CCLOGISTICS "What's Next?" microcontrollers from Federico Musto?!?! Really?!

Well, I guess Federico Musto is at it again. If he can’t make real Arduino’s, I guess now he wants to make clones. Look at the “What’s Next?” boards by his new company CCLOGISTICS. (http://www.cclogistics.it/catalog/index.php) And if you look closely, the website favicon IS THE ARDUINO LOGO! Wow, I mean i guess we saw this coming, it’s not like he would just completely go away, but whatever. And one of the domains he registered is devarduino.org. wow. Does he even have any rights to the Arduino trademark anymore? “WhatsNext” @arduino clones from @federicomusto “Ph.D” « Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers!

Are you working on commission ?

...R

Maybe he is working on the premiss "If you can't join them, beat them". :smiling_imp:

I'm puzzled about the "Newsletter Unsubscribe" button... Whaaaaa I haven't even subscribed!!!!!

Very colourful.

I was initially confused by the CCLOGISTICS name - to start with I thought it might be someting to do a certain type of irrigation...........

Thank goodness I was wrong.

Allan

allanhurst:
to start with I thought it might be someting to do a certain type of irrigation…

Thank goodness I was wrong.

You need to broaden your horizons :slight_smile:

I’m sure you managed to put the “stiff upper lip” behind you long ago. Now it is time to …

…R

Robin2: Are you working on commission ?

...R

lol no :grinning:

someone should tell him to let it go. He seems fixated on the past. It's sad, really.

I don't quite understand the various rifts in the arduino development history - I'm a newbie here - could someone give me a summary and perhaps some links to look up?

You need to broaden your horizons :)

I'm sure you managed to put the "stiff upper lip" behind you long ago. Now it is time to ...

I'm a decent trumpet player, so this is required.

And my sphincter remains ( pax curries ) intact.

Allan

allanhurst: I don't quite understand the various rifts in the arduino development history - I'm a newbie here - could someone give me a summary and perhaps some links to look up?

I think you could fill a book with the Arduino story, hopefully it will never be made into a movie (too boring). Wikipedia have a simplified summary up to the recent Adafruit inspired bitch-fest, [Hackaday] have some reasonably fair articles on it (especially since Hackaday are closely linked to Adafruit and the US maker set, they managed to keep fairly neutral. Well, they have a business to run as well).

It's the same old story though, someone makes a pie and then a bunch of people squabble over who gets the biggest piece of it. Who made the pie, and who is therefore entitled to a piece of it is somewhat murky even before later interlopers come along and demand a piece. However, all the people wanting a bigger piece are quite sure they are entitled to it :)

The arguments over information, and who owns it, are actually quite common in industry, but they are usually settled behind closed doors, the billion dollar disputes making the headlines are fairly rare. Frequently companies in the same biz simply agree to carve up the pie between them, it's less disruptive to business. Perhaps the nature of open source is that disputes are largely conducted in public.

Not surprised to see Musto turn up like a bad penny, spamming emails is typical of his underhand behaviour. Ironically he is now doing what he should have done before, create clones with a distinctive branding, it works well for other players.

bobcousins: However, all the people wanting a bigger piece are quite sure they are entitled to it :)

I love that. It describes so many situations.

...R

Hi,

And my sphincter remains ( pax curries ) intact.

Allan

Once you get old enough the medical fraternity has a different view on that attitude.

Tom.... :o

bobcousins: The arguments over information, and who owns it, are actually quite common in industry, but they are usually settled behind closed doors, the billion dollar disputes making the headlines are fairly rare. Frequently companies in the same biz simply agree to carve up the pie between them, it's less disruptive to business.

And costs a lot less in lawyers' fees.

bobcousins: I think you could fill a book with the Arduino story, hopefully it will never be made into a movie (too boring). Wikipedia have a simplified summary up to the recent Adafruit inspired bitch-fest, [Hackaday] have some reasonably fair articles on it (especially since Hackaday are closely linked to Adafruit and the US maker set, they managed to keep fairly neutral. Well, they have a business to run as well).

It's the same old story though, someone makes a pie and then a bunch of people squabble over who gets the biggest piece of it. Who made the pie, and who is therefore entitled to a piece of it is somewhat murky even before later interlopers come along and demand a piece. However, all the people wanting a bigger piece are quite sure they are entitled to it :)

The arguments over information, and who owns it, are actually quite common in industry, but they are usually settled behind closed doors, the billion dollar disputes making the headlines are fairly rare. Frequently companies in the same biz simply agree to carve up the pie between them, it's less disruptive to business. Perhaps the nature of open source is that disputes are largely conducted in public.

Not surprised to see Musto turn up like a bad penny, spamming emails is typical of his underhand behaviour. Ironically he is now doing what he should have done before, create clones with a distinctive branding, it works well for other players.

lets not forget, Musto tried to pass himself off to as an MIT degree holder, to a actual person running a company who in fact holds an MIT degree, and this is why he is not liked in the maker community by those of us who have actually been to school for this stuff, and not someone who only credentials is "Kindergarten" https://boingboing.net/2017/04/06/burnishing-credentials.html

"Usually settled behind closed doors..." Not if you pay attention!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/11/business/11norris.html