CD4066B CMOS Quad Bilateral Switch question

i'm thinking of using a CD4066B CMOS Quad Bilateral Switch in an Arduino project. i understand it can handle +-7.5V or +15V as the voltage it is switching (logic is 5V and ~20mAh).
But i can't seem to understand what is the switching current for these 15volts.
Can it switch for example 11V and 900mAh per channel (it has 4 channels)??

Here is the chip datasheet:

The information that you have requested is on page 6 and is dependent upon temperature, Vdd, and the input voltage. However, mAh is not a current measurement.

And it's channel resistance is a few tens of ohms, and would certainly not handle 900mA

Allan

That chip is for switching logic level signals of microAmps to a milliAmp or 2, no good for power levels.

Analog switches are for signals, not power.

Thanks for the replies.

My problem is that there are extremely limited weight and size limitations for switching power in this project. As well there is a need to switch around 10 channels - hence i'm looking for a chip that weight ~1 gram, which can handle several channels, rather than using 10 times a solid state or a mechanical rely, which add up to more than 50 grams and 3 match boxes volume, which is a lot in this case.

Does anyone know of a small chip that does what the CD4066B CMOS Quad Bilateral Switch does and has the same small chip size - but rather can handle around 1-2 Amps of current?

roineust:
Thanks for the replies.

My problem is that there are extremely limited weight and size limitations for switching power in this project. As well there is a need to switch around 10 channels

Just wondering, 10 channels of what? The word "channels" normally implies signals, but you seem to be referring to power supplies of some type. What exactly is it that you are switching that requires 1 to 2 amps.

The reason that I ask is that this might well turn out to be an X-Y problem http://xyproblem.info/

Stuart you might be absolutely right about the XY problem - but the situation seems to be that all is working well with 10 of the following relays and what i need is a chip that does just the same, but is smaller and weighs less.

Here are the relays model that i want to replace with an IC:

i just found the following IC, that weighs a fifth of the JZC-11F relay and is visibly smaller - but it can handle up to 0.5 Amps, and i need at least twice as much Amps to pass by.
Here it is: Schneider Electric/Legacy Relays - 107DIP-5 - Relay, Reed, 0.5 A, 5 V (Nom.), 50 mW (Nom.), SPST, NO with Clamping Diode, 1 g - Allied Electronics & Automation

A PhotoMOS relay might be something to consider, but not knowing anything about the load that's being switched, this is just a guess.

If you are switching power, high-side MOSFETs may do, if you are switching a genuine high power analog signal
relays or special back-to-back MOSFET circuits can be used, but they are complex as they have to float with
the signal.

roineust:
but the situation seems to be that all is working well with 10 of the following relays and what i need is a chip that does just the same, but is smaller and weighs less.

But we still don't know what you are switching. We still don't know critical requirements, like the amount of isolation you need, or the "common mode range" of your signal.

No one can really provide an answer (other than in the form of "if you've got this then do that") unless we know the details of precisely what you are switching.