Change i2c address?

It appears that my LCD has same address as my ESP12E (0x27). Any way to change the address of either one? Damn bad luck.

Nevermind. As it turns out, I2C scanner can't even find the darn ESP12

Currently, ESP is in the state of working as 'I2C Master' and not as 'I2C Slave'. So, the I2C address scanner will not detect ESP as slave.

It appears that my LCD has same address as my ESP12E (0x27)

How can we know, you have not said or provided a link to the display you are using ?

Some I2C devices provide jumpers or other links to change their I2C addresses and some do not.

Well if I2C scanner can't find it, how do I find out what address it is?!

Well, it seems I2C isn't working at all on my ESP12E. I tried running I2Cscanner on it and it returned nothing even though there is a 16x2 LCD on the bus. I thought this would go smoother than Serial transfer but I was way wrong. I just need a few damned bytes/sec transfer between my UNO and ESP12E that are accurate. -- I've been working on it for a week.

mattlogue:
Well if I2C scanner can't find it, how do I find out what address it is?!

You did say the LCD display address was 0x27 in the first post and you gave no indication that the I2C scanner was not detecting it.

If the I2C scanner cannot detect the display, then I cannot see how the LCD display would work even if you knew its address.

So you need to fix the I2C scanner.

The I2C scanner (and hence LCD display) works on the UNO, not the ESP. The ESP has some problem with Wire, or I am not using the correct pins (I'm using 1 and 2). I2Cscanner is of a rather popular source and I can see no obvious faults in it.

Well, it seems I2C isn't working at all on my ESP12E.

Since the ESP8266 has no hardware I2C capability that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Don

I did not know that. Isn't it in the nodeMCU firmware?