Change I2C Adress of MLX90614 infrared thermometer

Hi All,

I'm trying to change the I2C address of 4 individual MLX90614 sensors. When using the solution code stated on this topic: Multiple Melexis MLX90614 on the same i2c, how to change addresses ?? - Sensors - Arduino Forum
I get the following error message:

Anyone who can explain to me what is happening?

Thanks in advance!

----------------------------------------------------Error message-------------------------------------------------

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

libraries\i2cmaster\twimaster.c.o (symbol from plugin): In function `i2c_init':

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_init'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:127: first defined here

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_start'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:146: first defined here

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_start_wait'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:190: first defined here

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_rep_start'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:165: first defined here

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_stop'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:214: first defined here

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_write'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:235: first defined here

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_readAck'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:294: first defined here

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `i2c_readNak'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:291: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_readNak':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:197: multiple definition of `i2c_readNak'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:291: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_readAck':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:182: multiple definition of `i2c_readAck'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:294: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_write':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:161: multiple definition of `i2c_write'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:235: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_stop':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:141: multiple definition of `i2c_stop'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:214: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_start_wait':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:85: multiple definition of `i2c_start_wait'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:190: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_start':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:46: multiple definition of `i2c_start'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:146: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_rep_start':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:130: multiple definition of `i2c_rep_start'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:165: first defined here

C:\Users\jelle\AppData\Local\Temp\ccIahJZC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `i2c_init':

C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/twimaster.c:31: multiple definition of `i2c_init'

libraries\i2cmaster\i2cmaster.S.o:C:\Users\jelle\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\i2cmaster/i2cmaster.S:127: first defined here

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

------------------------------------------------------End-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you in advance!

It would appear that you have a problem with the code that you did not provide, or with the libraries to which you did not provide links.

I don't care about "solution" code. I want to see your code.

By the way, I cannot help you if you do not provide the code inline using code tags. Unless the code is too big, attachments do not work for me.