Change </> in the message window to CODE TAGS so people know what the H*&^ it is

Nothing more to add.

-jim lee

+1

It does say "Code" when you hover over it.

I note that the message for the Quote button is "Insert a Quote" so maybe the message for the code button could be changed to "Insert Code"

...R

Robin2:
It does say "Code" when you hover over it.

Not good enough IMO. It should say
** **[code]** **
without hovering over it.

exactly. Newbies, remember?

-jim lee

+1 So that we don’t have to waste a post saying please post in code tags </> LOL. Ahh I see this issue has been opened on Github as well by UKHeliBob…

Most of you should know better than just posting in here by now.
Not sure how many times I may have mentioned it recently but HERE IS WHERE YOU REPORT FORUM ISSUES !

Anywhere else is generally just chatter.

Yep I am beating a drum and using the biggest drumstick I can find :grin:

ballscrewbob:
Not sure how many times I may have mentioned it recently but HERE IS WHERE YOU REPORT FORUM ISSUES !

Anywhere else is generally just chatter.

Then why have we got this Forum section if the first place. It's sub heading is

Improvements for the web system, applications to moderator, spam, etc.

Indeed why are there also these other Forums section

Suggestions for the Arduino Project
What do you think should be improved, features for the hard/software, bugs you found

Other Software Development
Mods to the IDE, suggestions for the core code to the boards, better bootloaders, new libraries

Sorry, Bob, but the faceless Arduino Dev Team should be reading these Forum sections and picking up things that need changing. Then they can use Github as a means to manage their workflow. It should not be necessary for Forum members to add things to Github.

And I hope, as Moderator, you will do your best to persuade the Dev Team to take an active interest in their customers.

...R

Almost all of the descriptions were written a looong time ago.

They may on occasion be useful but the GIT is still the OFFICIAL point of entry for forum issues.

EDIT Descriptor changed and now GITHUB is OFFICIAL for FORUM related issues.

When I posted on github, you told me you didn't like my Idea so I should buzz off back to the forums.

Make up your mind!

-jim lee

Don't put words in my mouth Jim.

You know full well what I said and it was not what you just stated.
Unless your real name is TRUMP in which case lies and fake media may be your thing LOL

So will you tell the good people what I actually said ?

ballscrewbob:
EDIT Descriptor changed and now GITHUB is OFFICIAL for FORUM related issues.

I find that very disheartening. It feels like a slap in the face from the uncaring Arduino Dev Team.

...R

It may not be what you said, possibly wasn't what you meant either. But, that's the message that came across to me.

I'd post a link to the thread on Github, but I can't find it anymore.

-jim lee

Here's the GitHub issue thread in question:

@Robin.

The change in description was MY doing.
Take it out on me and not the teams back there.
You invoked two other areas which were not really part of this section and I closed that gap by updating the descriptor.

@Jim
Github to me is not the place for long winded conversations.
It is to report issues or requests and back those with facts etc in short and concise words.

Jim you were leading into what looked like a long conversation with multiple ideas, that IMHO didn't have much to add to the original request by way of meat and potatoes.

Thats was "my take" and the reason i suggested to come back in here where a discussion has more context and input.

Also lets just be clear here Ladies and gentlemen.

"Improvements for the web system, applications to moderator, spam, etc"

Web system is not the forum as that is a seperate entity as we are often told.
Next two items are forum related.
ETC. is too ambiguous to mean much but I take it as bad behaviour, off topic posts, and similar posting problems.

If anyone is feeling slapped in the face about now I think I could put my hand up and push ahead of any queue.

ballscrewbob:
The change in description was MY doing.

I was aware of that but you would not have done if you thought it would be opposed by the Dev Team.

...R