Change taskbar icon in Windows 7?

I've done a quick search but can't find anything on this... Is there a way to change the icon shown in the taskbar in Windows 7 to an Arduino one and not the Java one? Also is there any way to get Arduino to list as a program in the start menu? When I search in the start menu it only comes up as a file and requires quite a few key presses to get to it, any advise?

Also is there any way to get Arduino to list as a program in the start menu? When I search in the start menu it only comes up as a file and requires quite a few key presses to get to it, any advise?

You should be able to right click on arduino.exe, drag to the desktop, and save as a shortcut.

Thanks, got the start menu problem sorted. Any way to change the Java icon?

http://duinoadaycode.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/arduino-0018-windows-taskbar-icon-fix/

If you’re using 0020 or 0021 then I think it will have the old icon but it works for <0020.

Mowcius

Thanks, I'm using 0021. I tried the to download the files but the link is dead unfortunately.

Oh, it worked fine last time I checked. I can send the files via email if you want - send me a PM.

Mowcius

Thanks mowcius, the files worked a treat - the old logo but it's better than the Java one and makes finding it on the taskbar much easier :)

Yeah thought it might be the old logo.

I have not got the expertise to modify the files but if someone is good with java and knows how to fix it... :-?

Its been a while since I used windows 7. but if i remember right within the Tools menu of a folder select Folder Options and in the files type find the .pde file type or create one and when editting/creating you can set the file icon in there.

hope this helps

hope this helps

Nope it doesn't. You obviously didn't read the thread properly.