Change user name?

I wonder if it’s possible to change one’s forum user name. I’d be keen to change mine to my amateur radio call, ZS6JMB.

Then how would we know you?

I believe I read a recent Post in which the OP said he had changed his name.

...R

As far as I can tell only an administrator can change a username.

Ugh. I cannot get this thing to display a list of administrators.

But Jumbo won't mean anything any more :grinning:

Robin2: I believe I read a recent Post in which the OP said he had changed his name.

If that's the one I read, it was actually just a new profile; the old one was still extant when I checked.

Administrator list sent via personal message. Good luck.

Got it thanks

For future reference, the Admin list is here:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=groups;sa=members;group=1

All the forum/user details are available quickly through a menu using my Moduino forum mod (even the unknown page!).

Because it is hard (or impossible?) to change a username I suspect the people who created the Forum use the username to index all the messages in the database rather than giving each user an ID number for indexing pruposes.

...R

Robin2: Because it is hard (or impossible?) to change a username I suspect the people who created the Forum use the username to index all the messages in the database rather than giving each user an ID number for indexing pruposes.

...R

Every forum I've been on (maybe 50 or so) allows mods to change username. Some even allow you to change it yourself on the settings page. It's definitely not impossible. The database sync takes some time, but it's not rocket science either.

electronicsguy: It's definitely not impossible. The database sync takes some time,

With a bit of thought at the design stage it could be simple.

I would not like to change a key index value in a database without making a backup first.

but it's not rocket science either.

I don't think there are scientists of any sort behind this Forum :)

...R

:slight_smile: