Changed the Atmel chip, loaded the bootloader but I cannot upload sketches

hi,

I bought 10 Atmel micro controllers, ATmega328 identical with the original from the Arduino board, and I wanted to change the original micro controller from the Arduino board. the idea is that I would like to use the Arduino stand alone, without the Arduino board. just upload the sketch and after that use the micro controller on a new circuit board designed for a new project.

The ATmega328 I bought, supposed to have the bootloader but after I’ve replaced the chip on Arduino board, I couldn’t upoad any sketch.

I was thinking, maybe the chips I bought didn’t have the bootloader actually.

so, I made the circuit recommended here (picture attached):

and the bootloader loaded successfully on al 10 ATmega328 I have.

after that, I took out the original ATmega328 from the Arduino board and I used one of the new ATmega328 with the bootloader loaded.

but, I cannot upload the sketch. attached, the error message from avrdude.

If you have any idea why or what can I do, please help.

Thank you.

Don’t post screenshots of text! That is very unhelpful. When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar). It is almost never appropriate to post screenshots but in some cases it is helpful to post images. You should attach and embed the image following these instructions:

pert:
Don’t post screenshots of text! That is very unhelpful. When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar). It is almost never appropriate to post screenshots but in some cases it is helpful to post images. You should attach and embed the image following these instructions:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=364156

OK, I’ll do that. sorry, I didn’t know about screenshots.

When powering up the arduino the built in led should blink in a specific way. It indicates the presence of the bootloader. Does this happen with your 328-s? Are they 328 or 328P models?

Nick Gammon's diagnostic programs can be very useful.

...R

piel:
When powering up the arduino the built in led should blink in a specific way. It indicates the presence of the bootloader. Does this happen with your 328-s? Are they 328 or 328P models?

hi,
they are Atmel ATMEGA328P-PU, exactly as the original one.
I didn't have time to check the LED flashing pattern.

Robin2:
Nick Gammon's diagnostic programs can be very useful.

...R

Thank you.
I'll try that.

Assuming you successfully burned the bootloader on your chips...
We’re you able to upload a test sketch while the chips were still installed in the Arduino board?
That may help isolate where your problem is.

Also, how are you clocking the chips (on your own board)?
Did you burn the fuses correctly for your target application?

hi,
problem solved.
first time, I tried based on this tutorial:

and it didn’t work, that’s why I came on this forum.

but, now I found another tutorial:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Standalone

so, no need to change the fuses, what I have done is instead of selecting Arduino Duemilanove or Nano w/ ATmega328 as suggested in the first tutorial, I have selected the Arduino Uno (because this is the board I have).
now, the ATmega328 are loaded with the correct bootloader and they work on my Arduino Uno board.

thank you all for your help and for your messages.

1.jpg