Changing a mp3 playback speed in arduino

Dear all,

Is it possible to control mp3 playback speed with MP3 shield and Triple Axis Accelerometer(MPU-6050)? I am wondering the MP3 shield can control the playback speed when the sensor value is changing.

Can anyone help me please? how it can be done?

Thank you.

:( Probably not... I believe the MP3 shield has it's own clock (which determines the rate at which the data is read from memory and written to the digital-to-analog converter).

A computer can re-sample the( uncompressed/decompressed) audio stream in real-time to change the speed. But with the Arduino and a shield, the Arduino doesn't have direct access to that stream, it can't change the read-speed, and it's probably not powerful enough to process the audio in real-time, especially if your software is doing something else.

It's possible to alter the MP3 file header to make it play at the "wrong" speed. For example, changing the header in 44.1kHz file to say 48kHz will make it play faster. But that's not a very practical solution, and it's unlikely to give you the exact speed change you want. Note this is the sample rate (kHz), not the bitrate (kbps).

Is it possible to control mp3 playback speed with MP3 shield and Triple Axis Accelerometer(MPU-6050)?

No.

Stella_Yu: I am wondering the MP3 shield can control the playback speed when the sensor value is changing.

I'm wondering which hardware you mean by "the MP3 shield".

You surely will need a MP3 Player with digital control for variable play speed.

Most likely "the MP3 shield" will not support that feature. (I don't know any MP player for Arduino that supports such a speed control feature).