Changing power supply voltage and high(ish) voltage PWM

So I sorta kinda made a misstep and bought some sizable LEDs.

http://optekinc.com/datasheets/OVM12F3R7.pdf

They’re 15 volt green LEDs 3 to a module and I bought 3 modules, though I’ll probably only use 2. 14 lux at half a meter (no clue what that means in the real world) They’re also waterproof (or resistant) which I totally don’t need. So yeah they’re overkill but I don’t care.

Anyway, I don’t have a 15 volt power supply laying around. I do have a 12 volt power supply but that won’t make them light. So I’m wondering how I can turn 12 volts into 15 volts. I can also get my hands on 19 volt supplies from Goodwill. I also found a 14.4 volt supply but that was a multi-voltage drill charger and I don’t know if I want to deal with that thing. So does anyone know how I can use any of those supplies to light these babies?

The second part of this is I want to dim these. I plan to use a 555 chip functioning as a pulse width modulation circuit. I’m pretty damn sure I can’t run run this much power through a 555 but I can run it through an electrical switch. I think I could use either a relay or some kind of transistor to get the desired on off action. And if anyone has a good guide for what the heck each kind of transistor does what (Mosfets, Jfets, Bobba Fett) I’d be very greatful.

That datasheet is for 12V LED strips. You confuse the absolute maximum rating with the nominal supply voltage.

Oh it would seem I did. So why then didn't they light when I connected 12 volts? I probably got the amperage wrong. Also i took the two end wires and connected them together then I took the other 2 end wires and applied power. Wrong end maybe? I haven't worked much with LEDs

Hi, Did you connect RED wire to Positive and BLACK wire to Negative? What is your 12V supply rated at, ie current? Tom... :)

These blocks seem to have three LEDs and a current limiting in series. The green power LEDs I know have a Vf of ~3.3volt, like blue and white LEDs. 12volt should work with reduced brightness.

Braeden: The second part of this is I want to dim these. I plan to use a 555 chip functioning as a pulse width modulation circuit.

I'm pretty damn sure I can't run run this much power through a 555 but I can run it through an electrical switch. I think I could use either a relay or some kind of transistor to get the desired on off action. And if anyone has a good guide for what the heck each kind of transistor does what (Mosfets, Jfets, Bobba Fett) I'd be very greatful.

This is an Arduino forum, not a 555 forum. One module draws 100mA@15volt. A 555 can switch 200mA max. Leo..

Wawa: These blocks seem to have three LEDs and a current limiting in series. The green power LEDs I know have a Vf of ~3.3volt, like blue and white LEDs. 12volt should work with reduced brightness. This is an Arduino forum, not a 555 forum. One module draws 100mA@15volt. A 555 can switch 200mA max. Leo..

Well the project involves an Arduino elsewhere. I know that doesn't apply.

Anyway you know a good forum where I could take my questions.