Changing the label of an HTML button (I think)

Hello all,

First, please forgive me if I’m in the wrong area, I just registered today and I’m still learning my way around. My problem: I copied some code for my ATMega 2560 and modified it to fit my project. The problem is that I have no real coding experience and I cannot seem to locate in the sketch where to change the button labels. Everything else works great, any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Code.doc (56 KB)

Please put your code in a .ino file or just post it into a reply.

#7 below tells how to post code to the forum:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

client.print(" <td><INPUT TYPE=\"button\" VALUE=\"Switch ON - Pin  ");

This statement COULD have a name = clause, too. That would let you assign a name to the button.

Without that, there is no way to change the name of a button that does not have a name.

My apologies and thanks for the quick responses. Here is the code that I was supposed to attach;

Home_Automation_Web_Server_SD_Card.ino (19.6 KB)

PaulS:

client.print(" <td><INPUT TYPE=\"button\" VALUE=\"Switch ON - Pin  ");

This statement COULD have a name = clause, too. That would let you assign a name to the button.

Without that, there is no way to change the name of a button that does not have a name.

How would I insert the name= clause into that syntax?

Using a text editor, of course.

Go to school. HTML Tutorial

Well thanks PaulS but I thought that the idea of a forum was to get answers and ask questions after one has exhausted searches on the internet. You gave me an answer and because I do not know how to use it, I asked you for the proper syntax so life would be easier for me and I could move on. That was a very condescending remark you made, and if you don't know the answer then just say so. Try not to embarrass us less meaningful people, not all of us can be as super intelligent as you are.

Hi,

I am only guessing.
Have you tried putting something like NAME=\"onall\" in those lines of your code?

I cannot test it. I only have uno.

Well thanks PaulS but I thought that the idea of a forum was to get answers and ask questions after one has exhausted searches on the internet.

If the answer has to do with how to program an Arduino, that is correct. Your question has to do with how to create HTML forms. There are more appropriate places to ask those questions/seek answers. I pointed you in the correct direction. If you don't like it, tough. I'm tired of trolls.

That was a very condescending remark you made

I thought is a cute play on words, since the site I pointed you to had school in it's name.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to find a web page that has the button you are interested in and look at the page source code. Below is a link to html button stuff. Have you tried adding it like the bottom code example?

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=html+tutorial+button+label&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=&gws_rd=ssl

client.print(" <td><INPUT NAME=\"clause\" TYPE=\"button\" VALUE=\"Switch ON - Pin  ");