Changing the name of the Arduino Pro Micro in the Windows System

Hi there,
Just needed some help with device names. I have a software that doesn't allow the same device name used twice, but the trouble is I have 2 DIY Game controllers are made and both of them are named "Arduino Leonardo". Is there any way of changing the device name that shows up in Device Manager? (PS I heard there was a way to change the name by tweaking something in the registry)

• Oscar

Shows up where?

Device manager? Network hostnames? DIY implies that you have the code for the Arduino, so post that.

Hey Steve,
I mean the Device Manager. But for the code, it's a compiled hex file I ripped off from another Arduino (cuz I lost the original code).

oyan244:
Hey Steve,
I mean the Device Manager. But for the code, it's a compiled hex file I ripped off from another Arduino (cuz I lost the original code).

Quick and dirty, look for the name in you hex file and change one letter. You might need to read about the hex file format. I think it has a checksum per line. So, you might need to calculate a new checksum.

A hex file viewer with ASCII decoding might be helpful. Or look up Leonardo in ASCII and search trough the file.