Char/String Datatypes

I am sending angle data over bluetooth for a project. In my sketch I use "char pitch=BluetoothSerial.read();" Now on the serial monitor, it shows up character by character (7 (wait) 3 (wait) . (wait) 2 (wait) instead of 73.2 at once). Instead of char, I also have tried declaring an array of chars without initializing it using "char pitch[15];" but i get an error. Using float fixes this problem and each data piece shows up together, but the data is all wrong for some reason. Is there another way to use strings or something with the reading of bluetooth so the data shows up all at once??

Thank you

Check out: Serial Input Basics

but i get an error.

That you didn’t share, so you must not be all that interested in solving it.

Using float fixes this problem and each data piece shows up together, but the data is all wrong for some reason.

Well, of course it is. You don’t send floats over a serial port, usually.

Is there another way to use strings or something with the reading of bluetooth so the data shows up all at once??

No. You can’t force the data to show up all at once. What you can do is read the data as it arrives, and store it in an array. When the end of packet marker arrives, use the stored data, for whatever purpose you sent it, possibly using atof() on the NULL terminated (VERY IMPORTANT) char array.

If you want help, POST YOUR CODE.