cheap camera solution

Hi,
I would like advice whether it is feasible to design a 20$ Arduino solution for capturing and downloading 2MP still images.

WIFI connection for downloading images would be great.

Do anyone have any thoughts on this? I am a complete newbie to Arduino.

BR
Jens

The chances would be much better on a budget of 200$ or more.

An ESP32-CAM costs about £8 on EBay or Amazon.

...R

Robin2:
An ESP32-CAM costs about £8 on EBay or Amazon.

…R

+1

jdkunoy:
I would like advice whether it is feasible to design a 20$ Arduino solution for capturing and downloading 2MP still images.

Not sure if there are Arduino solutions, which would include camera and WiFi at that price.

But the ESP32, which is an Expressif product, is worth a look.

There is a core that Expressif produce that allows you to use the Arduino IDE to program the ESP32.

I think at today's prices, I would skip the DIY and get something like below for a few dollars more.

srnet:
Not sure if there are Arduino solutions, which would include camera and WiFi at that price.

You must have missed Reply #2

…R

The esp32cam module would be able to do this :slight_smile:

I have two projects which may be of interest so you can see how

This is a sort of demo sketch which may make a good starting point for many projects: GitHub - alanesq/esp32cam-demo: esp32cam module demo / project starting point sketch using Arduino ide

This one is a motion detecting security camera which will email images or stream a live video: GitHub - alanesq/CameraWifiMotion: Motion detecting security camera using a cheap ESP32-cam camera module

The camera on these modules is pretty good in daylight but if you plan to use it in low light conditions you need to install a better lens, but price wise they can't be beat at around £5 on eBay :slight_smile: