Cheapo marathon!

Okay. I’m starting this thread just for fun, not for any real purpose. Just provide links to stuff you got for really cheap (comparatively). I’ll start out pretty obvious:

http://www.earthshineelectronics.com/optoelectronics/30-16x2-lcd-display-green-on-black.html

Cheapest I’ve gotten is free DS1307 samples from Maxim :P.

Has to be free samples or LCDs off ebay.

Or free stuff found second hand (like my 40x4 LCD :slight_smile: )

Mowcius

How about Yesterday an HP laserjet 4mp for 99p on ebay with 2 toner cartridges.
and only a mile and a half a way to go and pick it up.
Needs a good clean and service then I can start to use the toner transfer method and make my pown pcb’s

Gordon

and only a mile and a half a way to go and pick it up.
Needs a good clean and service then I can start to use the toner transfer method and make my pown pcb’s

That’s pretty decent. I got my canon MP140 for free (no ink but hey) and it’s working like it was new.

I would like a laserjet though.

Mowcius

I once found a LaserJet 5mpv, complete with toner, < 30000 page count, a half-ream of paper in it, and the postscript SIMM - for $15.00 at a local Goodwill thrift store; fortunately for me, it was their “half-off” special day.

I’ve found wonderful things there; I tend to rescue the Polaroid instant cameras that have the ultrasound ranging modules - they usually sell for $3-4.00. I’ve also found plenty of radio control cars there suitable for robot chassis (they’re part of my “junk” box). I once found an iCybie there as well (along with a few Robosapien V1s).

I’ve gotten 2 LEDs free. Somehow, atmel always figures out I’m lying ::slight_smile:

I wish someone would sell a laser printer to my local goodwill, but so far no luck :(.

I’ve gotten 2 LEDs free. Somehow, atmel always figures out I’m lying

I got about 15 from a supplier as samples about 2 months ago.

Some 5mmUVs, 3mmUVs, 5mm R/Gs, 3mm R/Gs, litepipes etc.

Mowcius

Find your local freecycle forum for your area.
Here in Croydon, UK. We have a very active group there is all sorts on offer.
and you can always post a wanted add as well.
Ive passed on a few things myself as well as got hold of stuff that ive needed for nothing.

Gordon

Find your local freecycle forum for your area.
Here in Croydon, UK. We have a very active group there is all sorts on offer.
and you can always post a wanted add as well.
Ive passed on a few things myself as well as got hold of stuff that ive needed for nothing.
http://www.freecycle.org/

That’s my main source of free stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Mowcius

Yeah freecycle’s pretty cool. I may use it soon (if I get motivated :p).

Freecycle’s rubbish in Wigan, it’s all wanted ads for people after HD tellies and PS3s.

Freecycle’s rubbish in Wigan, it’s all wanted ads for people after HD tellies and PS3s.

People like that just get banned here.

Mainly offers here but some people ask for washing machines/beds/sofas etc…

Mowcius

Freecycle is only as good as the moderators.
Ours have limited the wanted posts.
Its always worth asking if you havnt seen what you want recently.
But its always a good idea to offer stuff as well as receive.

Gordon

Freecycle is only as good as the moderators.
Ours have limited the wanted posts.
Its always worth asking if you havnt seen what you want recently.
But its always a good idea to offer stuff as well as receive.

Yeah I try and offer stuff as well as I have things to give, it also gives a better impression to your name.

I don’t think ours are limited but people would just hate you if you always asked for things. You would probably get a warning then a banning if you continued though :wink:

Mowcius

just got this from china: http://cgi.ebay.com/2500X-1-4W-5-Assortment-Carbon-Film-Resistor-1R-1M-/320537962794?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa18d292a

for under three bucks with free shipping. Not sure if they’re going to deliver, but hey. China has been good in the past for me, so i’m keepin hope for this.

Freecycle is only as good as the moderators

I agree. I’ve just moved up from Bristol and the freecycle group I was in there was very good. I gave and received well there, got some really great bits and passed on some well kept old equipment.

just got this from china: http://cgi.ebay.com/2500X-1-4W-5-Assortment-Carbon-Film-Resistor-1R-1M-/32053796

for under three bucks with free shipping. Not sure if they’re going to deliver, but hey. China has been good in the past for me, so i’m keepin hope for this.

Well they have 100% ratings so I would have thought you’d be fine!

Looks like a very good deal! I need to get myself a stock of resistors some time soon as I have a very limited supply at the moment.

Mowcius