Chest movements with strain gauge

Hello!

I'm thinking of using a strain gauge to detect the chest movements that occur during cough (to detect cough). The problem is that I'm not familiar to strain gauges, as I don't know how to implement it. I've done this using a piezoeletric with a elastic around the chest. How can I do something similar with a strain gauge? This is an example: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304573549_Calibrating_Respiratory_Strain_Gauges_What_the_Numbers_Mean_for_Monitoring_Respiration but I don't know how it is done! Also read about mercury-in-rubber strain gauges..

Suggestions? :)

diogotec: Suggestions? :)

Find some tutorials on the web about strain gauges and learn how they work.

I know how they work! I just don’t know how/where to implement it!

diogotec: I know how they work! I just don't know how/where to implement it!

Your use of the word implement is a little fuzzy. Do you mean you don't know how to code for it? Or how to use it?

There are TONS of tutorials out on the web on using a strain gauge with Arduino. Find some, learn, make some attempt, and then we will help you get it right here. Why should we write a whole new tutorial just special for you when so many good ones are already out there?

If you just want someone to do it for you, then head over to the Gigs and Collaborations section and let them know how much money you are willing to offer for someone to do it for you.