(chinese)USBASP problems with windows 10

i just upgraded tp windows 10 and now i cant upload programs to my AVRs i have tried everything
i set my computer to use unsigned drivers i know the firmware is up to date on my usbasp i dont know what else to do any advice has anyone else had this problem ?
here is the error …

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: “ATmega32, Standard, 8MHz internal (BOD 2.7v)”

avrdude: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor=‘www.fischl.de’ product=‘USBasp’
Error while burning bootloader.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Unfortunately, the original USBASP USB driver doesn't work with Windows 10.

This worked for me with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and Arduino IDE V1.6.9:- Dead-Simple Driver Installation for USBasp and USBtiny on Windows

If you upgrade to IDE V1.6.10, you'll come across problems again though. Hopefully the IDE V1.6.10 problems will be fixed in a future release of the IDE. (I'm hoping by IDE V1.6.11, but not holding my breath. :) )

More info on the IDE V1.6.10 problems here:- [SOLVED]Problems using USBasp with Arduino IDE 1.6.10/Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.12

Edit: N.B. Even with IDE V1.6.9, stick to Arduino AVR Boards V1.6.11. If you update to Arduino AVR Boards V1.6.12, you'll encounter the problems described in the second link above.

see avrdude wont work now either ive been working on this all day today and all day yesterday its driving me nuts!

i downloaded that thing earlier but did not know which driver to use it has like 4-5 different ones im using an HP 64 bit laptop computer

bandmwhitt2013: i downloaded that thing earlier but did not know which driver to use it has like 4-5 different ones im using an HP 64 bit laptop computer

Didn't you read the article that I linked properly? It clearly says:- "choose libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0)". It's in bold text, and also accompanied by a screenshot with a circle around the driver name.

well i installed that driver and get the same problem .... you know windows 10 bites !

bandmwhitt2013: well i installed that driver and get the same problem .... you know windows 10 bites !

Which version of Arduino AVR Boards do you have? (You can check in "Boards Manager".) If you're using V1.6.12, that will be the cause of the problem. If that is the case, rolling back to Arduino AVR Boards V1.6.11 will hopefully fix the problem.

Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest. Both of my USBASP boards, (one with original firmware and one with updated firmware), work fine with that driver under Windows 10 in IDE V1.6.9.

Perhaps you could check out some of the stuff in the second thread I linked earlier. Some people have had success using the "libusbK v3.0.7.0" driver.

the uno R3 and im using the newest arduino IDE ?

if anyone needs free driver update ......http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driver-updater-software/fl/driverpack-solution-review.htm

this one really is FREE

bandmwhitt2013: the uno R3 and im using the newest arduino IDE ?

The error message in your opening post showed that you aren't using the newest Arduino IDE:-

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: "ATmega32, Standard, 8MHz internal   (BOD 2.7v)"

If you're actually using the latest now, V1.6.10, that's the problem, as outlined in the second of my links earlier.

if anyone needs free driver update ......http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driver-updater-software/fl/driverpack-solution-review.htm this one really is FREE

Are you saying that your problem is now fixed, and that this is the fix?

what happened when you installed linux and tried it from a non-windows platform ?

sorry if that sounds flip, but the general attitude of the developers is that you should not be using old technology like win XP that you should buy a new computer with a new version of windows, but not too new. I became disenfranchised when I upgraded to 1.6 something and could not upload a sketch. Then thousands of posts by others offered work arounds, but the post from one of the developers was to get a new computer with a 'modern' operating system.

its ok I figured it out i downloaded the newest arduino and i used the preferences menu and put in the urls then added the core files to hardware folder in arduino and it worked like a charm but thanks for the help guys