Chip Identification and addressable led circuit ??

Yes I’m brand new to electronics…I Did blink, I did fade… and now it’s time to build something way over my head and most likely explode.

I’m going to build a sunrise clock in my bedroom. very simply if I need to wake up at 7:00 than the lights will slowly fade up from East to West starting at 6:45. Each section will light with different colors to simulate a sunrise.

This will not only be a cheesy sunrise but also the light for the room so there is 40 meters in all.

I’ve got:
20 Meters of addressable LED strip. 20m LED amazon
a 12volt 30amp DC power supply Amazon - Power supply

Arduino Uno

plenty of Wire.

I don’t know what other parts I need nor how to program it. But let’s see if we can do it without blowing up the house!

QUESTION 1:

Can anyone Identify this Chip: " GETK2-B 140411 "

QUESTION 2:

The strip has 3 inputs: V+, V-, and data.

Did I already fry the chips on 75 bucks worth of LEDs? (When I got them I fried the included control by inverting the V+/V-. The capacitor burst)

if not how can i get Just 1 to turn on??

multi-meter testing:

voltage:

**voltage powered (11.92)
Strip
V+
V-
data
end V+
end V-
end data
a (3.3v)
a (5v)
a (Vin)
a(G)

*a=Aduino pin
continuity:

<<Continunity un-powered<<
V+
V-
Data
end V+
end V-
end data

Are those two photographs the same strip? I can't seem to make them be the same when I look at them.

Normally addressable chips use 5V, I have not seen one like this that uses 12V. So this answer is not definitive it is just how I would proceed.

As there is only one wire for data it is probable that it uses the same protocol as the WS2812b LEDs sold as Neopixels by Adafruit and controllable by their library or the fast led library. However this 12V does worry me as I don't know if the data signal will be 12V or not but it seems unlikely.

What I would do is to cut a small strip off to experiment with. Wire up the 12V, but not the data and measure the voltage on the unconnected data line. If it is not above 5V then connect it up to Arduino and run one of the example in the library.

If that fails then I would be down to looking at the signals from a working system, with the controller on an oscilloscope. Which I suspect you don't have.