Christmas LEDs

How to alternate between 10 LEDs

Lighting say series1 (1,3,5,7,9)

and then turning off series1 and lighting series2 (2,4,6,8,10)

repeatedly

?

Can you turn a LED on and off ?
Do you know what a for loop is ?

How are the LEDs connected/powered?

UKHeliBob:
Can you turn a LED on and off ?
Do you know what a for loop is ?

aarg:
How are the LEDs connected/powered?

I know basic python. Familiar with for loops. The syntax is confusing me.

It's arranged exactly like you would guess. In a row with destinations I laid out

It’s arranged exactly like you would guess.

Nope.

I’ll bet good money they’re not charlieplexed.

...or wired in series electrically?

Have you looked at the examples in the IDE ?
You will find examples of all of the syntax needed to do what you describe, especially if you know about for loops. Could you write a for loop to print 3 then 5 then 7 etc.
HINT : start at 3, print the value, add 2 and repeat until you reach the highest required value

ADVICE : don't use pin 1 with an LED as it is used by the Serial interface. Don't forget to use current limiting resistors with teh LEDs

holdingpattern:
What does it mean to light a series 1,3,5,7,9?

All of 1,3,5,7 & 9 come on together?

Or 1 comes on followed by 3 a little later etc until they’re all on? If so, do they go off one by one or all together?

XXXX yeah, all together. Alternate

I think what I’m looking for is to alternate between 2 arrays. Trying out the array control example now. Total noob still though. Gonna try

bainy:
It's arranged exactly like you would guess. In a row with destinations I laid out

You didn't lay out any destinations at all. We don't much care how they are physically located. In order to comment on your project, we need to know EXACTLY how the LEDs are connected to the Arduino. A diagram, not vague verbal descriptions.

You shouldn't use such profanity in a technical forum. This isn't 4chan.

Do you have current limiting resistors in series with the LEDs?

For your code, you can adapt the Blink or BlinkWithoutDelay example that is bundled with the IDE.