Cinemaelectronics CineTape DIY

Hi,
this would be my first Arduino project so I thought you guys could help me with it. Basicalyy I need to make something like this
Cinematography Electronics - CineTape Measure or this http://store.redrockmicro.com/microTape .

As far as I can understand these are just basic sonar rangefinders that display the distance on a monitor, but I have no idea how to make one of these. I found some codes on the intrenet for using ultrasonic rangefinders with the Arduino , but I don't know how to hook it up to a display.

All help is appricated. :slight_smile:

As far as the display function goes, you could just buy one down at the hardware shop?

Beyond that I suspect there is a lot of design (beyond the electronics) embodied in that camera system. :wink:

Thanks for the input. It’ll be used only for displaying the distance to make it easier for my focus puller.

Be aware that some ultrasonic units produce an audible click when they transmit, which may be a problem if your subjects are miked-up.

OK. So from what I can understand, I have to hook up the rangefinder to the arduino, use a proper code to use to find the distance and than hook the display to the arduino. The thing is do I need a code for the display or not? Also is there a display that will read out bigger numbers, I couldn't find any.

Hi guys :slight_smile: :slight_smile: check this new sonar measure tape named EZtape and tell me what you think about it, we are a family team offering something new, different.and with the latest ultrasonic tech. of course with quality and over all easy to use. www.customelectronica.com
feel free to ask any question about it , thanks
single horn
easy to use
very good price
compatible with Bluetooth android devices, to use it as a remote display.
thanks any feedback will be appreciate it.thanks 8) 8) 8)